Trouble codes PART 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TAzz

Ok i found the 2 pin connector in that neon green boot. It has 2 wires a green with white stripe and a brown on. When i jumped it,(using a piece of speaker wire), my check eninge light just stayed on. I left it on for about 20 seconds or so and it just stayed on. Now does that mean i returned a code 10 which is: 10 IAT - intake air temperature sensor? If so would that keep my car from fully starting? How can i fixed that? Or could i have not left it on long enough for it to start flashing. I am sorry for being such a pain in everyones neck but this is my only car and i am learning how to fix it through the internet. Could i have not had a good connection? I am stump....... PLEASE HELP ME OUT-------AGAIN.

Thank You so much to everyone that has gotten me this far.
TAzz :huh:
P.S. Where is my intake air temp. sensor located?

use a paper clip...it hits the connector a little bit better. if it just stays on, it probably isnt actually jumped right. Your not a pain, believe me.

The IAT is on the side of your Intake Manifold. It should just be a little white plug.

Quoted post[/post]]
use a paper clip...it hits the connector a little bit better. if it just stays on, it probably isnt actually jumped right. Your not a pain, believe me.

The IAT is on the side of your Intake Manifold. It should just be a little white plug.

reikoshea you have been great through this whole ordeal of mine. I will try the paper clip and let you know what i got from it in just a few minutes. Again thanks a millon. Your awesome
TAzz :thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

reikoshea you have been great through this whole ordeal of mine. I will try the paper clip and let you know what i got from it in just a few minutes. Again thanks a millon. Your awesome
TAzz :thumbsup:

Ok did the paper clip and it still just stays on. and just on a whim i checked my plugs even though i changed them middle of last year......hhmmmm looked a little burnt to me. but i am no mechanic so i will just change them again to eliminate those. Back to the stayed on light could it be the inatake air temp sensor? :confused:

if the plugs are burnt then the plugs you are using are either just really old, or hotter than what you need. If it were the IAT then the light would blink every 5 seconds or so.

tazz hasnt been active in 2 weeks. something tells me this thread is dead

Back