trouble shifting in new hybrid

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99sidude

VIP
Well i got my B18c in my eg hatch with no problem. It runs great with no CEL's or anything. I took it out for a test drive, and I can't get it to go into first or second. Also, the whole shifter feels sloppy, and has more movement than stock . Did anyone run into this in the past? Im hoping its just me being stupid and tired putting something on backwards?

Had the same problem when I installed a complete swap from Hmotorsonline. The linkage he sent with it was crap. Had to buy teg linkage to make it work.

make sure your linkage pivots are in good shape. On mine, the pins for the joint where the linkage connects to the transmission have a bit of play, and that might be a problem for you if you can't rotate the shaft far enough to shift into 1st or second. Sounds like that could be your problem.

I got it.... it ended up being the bitch pin not being in all the way. It runs and shifts great now! (minus a huge exhaust leak)

I was thinking about saying something about that, glad you found your problem. I HATE that pin.

Back