1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with HTML/PHP: Formatting Problems

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by Citizen_Insane, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

Ok, so I'm trying to setup a table that will print an unbroken string of characters in a formatted way. Here is my code:

where it says [echo "<table width....etc" ] I am retrieving a very long string (up to 5000 characters) of unformatted text that I need to format to fit inside a table. Just so I don't have to answer it, what I'm outputting are DNA sequences, that's why they're so long.

Does anyone know how to do this? I have the CSS code there, but it doesn't work in Firefox or Safari (and it needs to). Please help :worthy:

2. Citizen_Insane

Ok, I fixed it using the "chunk_split" command after trimming all the spaces in the $text by using str_replace(" ","", $text);. Well, I guess this can be locked/deleted because I figured it out. Sorry for the unessiary post, but I was stumped there for a while.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

wow. thats one hell of a FUCKED UP style sheet.

you shoudl probably close your style tag,
    close your head tag,
    and open a body tag
    before you attempt to print a table.

you should probably run your results through the w3 validator if you want it to work cross-broweser.

4. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

lol

I was gonna say... there are opening tags... but where are the closing ones?

5. Citizen_Insane

yeah...I suck at programming, but my boss is making me do it for work. :lol:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted