troubleshooting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YBLEGAL

Regular Member w/ Cheese
Can someone with a working car, preferably a B16, send me a hondata recording?

I'm trying to figure out why I have an intermediate rev point at 1500rpm when the TPS is set to below .75 volts. I have a constant knock level of 1136. And I've got an average of 20 on ignition advance. I have no idea what normal levels should be, and if I just had a full recording from a working car, it would make things a lot easier.

I can make the rev go away if I set the TPS to ~0.80v but I want it fixed. Not ghetto-rigged. Plus then I'm seriously close to the upper limit in the 5 volt range the TPS will read. When it goes outside it's range (over 5 volts, full throttle) the engine doesn't do anything. I doesn't go speed up nor slow down, it makes a nice hum as if it were an electric motor that was stuck. Sucks ass durring a race, lemme tell you!

Ya so, I've got problems. Please help by giving me a recording or 2. You can PM me for an ftp address you can upload it to if you don't have any way of hosting it.

All help is GREATLY appriciated. :worthy: Thanks guys.

Also, what is a Fuel Pressure Purge Valve? Where is it located? Mine's constantly on, and according to the short deffinition in hondata's help, "Normally this is only when a hot start has been performed".

pleeease? anybody? I know somebody's got hondata 'sides me. You dont even have to make a new one. Just send me one when your car was "A-O.K."

Back