Troy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lowandslow

i saw it the other night, i thought it was f'in badass. pitt owned, those battle fights were awesome

i heard it costed like 175 million to make it
troy>>>braveheart

How did they explain Achille's weakness ? "The gods dipped him in the lake" hardly seems factual. Did the Troys really get him in the ankle ?

Did he even die in the movie?

-> Steve

yes the movie owned

paris shot him through his achilles tendon with an arrow, then as he limped torwards paris, he shot him 3 or 4 more times in through the chest

i dont wanna give the movie away or anything for anyone planning to see it. the gods dipped achilles into a pool of immortailty by his achilles tendons, so thats the only part that didnt touch the water, hence his name.

the movie didnt explain his weakness, or even mention he was a god, no one knew he was a god. no one could hurt him, so he never lost a battle or died in a war. so he was dubbed the best warrior in greece (in the movie) because of his immortality which no one knew about

and the trojans, not troys, did kill him. accidentally finding his weak spot with an arrow, which left him susceptible to death. im not a greek mythology freak or anything, but the shit is interesting.

the movie as in every other movie is not historically acurate

if you want a documentary watch the history channel
if you want a badass movie go see troy

Originally posted by lowandslow@May 17 2004, 07:09 PM
i saw it the other night, i thought it was f'in badass. pitt owned, those battle fights were awesome

i heard it costed like 175 million to make it
troy>>>braveheart

you realize how bold of a statement that is to make around me? if this movie sucks, im banning you. lol

:lol:

before this movie, braveheart was my favorite. now i have to say its my second favorite, theyre both favorites..actually. u will like this movie if u like braveheart, trust me

imo there hasnt been an "epic" movie that has come out in the last 5 years that has sucked...

troy>braveheart?

i find brad pitt a little bitch w/ nothing against william fuckin wallace

movies dude..i love both movies. but im more into troy than braveheart...i dont care who is in it, as long as it is bad ass

I don't know about Troy > Braveheart... but Diane Kruger is definitely nice to look at!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The movie was awesome though. I loved it.

saw the movie last night...bad ass...IN NO WAY DID IT OWN BRAVEHEART, though...but yah, i'm the biggest braveheart freak...the beginning of troy started out kinda slow, but then it just picked up, like the movie went into vtech yo!...hehe, but yah, it was a really good movie, and pitt owned. The fight seen with achilles and the prince owned...yah, everybody should go see it though...oh, and i saw the preview for king arthur, that movie looks nuts too.

I saw Troy as well, and it's badass. The best character was Ajax. :lol:

BTW- I hate it when fucking high school kids sit there and talk through the movie.

looks like i might just have to go see this in the theatre :)

saw TROY on sunday night, not really into all the greek history and shit and i dont really know much about it but, i did like the movie. the first scene was great!! not what i was expecting but it was pretty cool, different, i liked it. i've never seen BRAVEHEART so i couldnt tell you wich is better.

Until this thread I hadn't heard a single good thing about the movie... Every person I talked to and every review said it sucked. Badly. But now I might want to see it. :p

Really? I loved it! Even my super film critic girlfriend loved it. Maybe she liked it partly because of Brad Pitt's bare ass, but that's ok. There's eye candy for the guys too.

:)

Back