1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truck parts?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Frankie P., Oct 4, 2003.

1. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

I know that this is a Import forum, but I was wondering if anybody knew any good truck companies for Bolt-ons and Superchargers. Ford 99+ F-150 to be exact. Thanks ahead of time.

2. swanny

swanny Senior Member

superchargersonline.com

3. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

Summit has a pretty good selection of :mullet: parts. (j/k about the mullet, I have a truck that is completely covered in mud right now).

4. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

No offense taken. I am planning on just putting some bolt-ons, supercharger, 10 in. lift, Superswampers, not sure what size. Clear corners, Indiglow gauges, grills, this maybe and some "ICE" I don't want to make it fast, just look nice, off road, and pull some stuff with no problems.

5. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

does it have teh 4.6L V8? I'm sure you can get the Ford factory S/C for that engine. You wouldn't be able to run the same boost as say the Cobra (different internals) but you could probably put about 7 psi on it.

6. Domeskilla

Domeskilla Senior Member

they'll hold 7-10 fine.. its just like the lightning.. you can push like 14 on it just fine, but add ANY n2o and its around 85% chance it will let go.. go figure.

7. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

I am looking for the 5.4 or 5.7 liter. I can't remember the size exactly. I saw one for $13,000, XLT, bed step, 2000, but I didn't like the color, plus the former owner smoked and it stank. But I know for sure I at least want extended cab, V8. I wanna push up to about 350 HP around 400 torque, to pull a pontoon boat.

8. jamesA

Ford's big V8 is the Triton 5.4. Get a Lightning, 390 hp/ 450 ft lbs torque supercharged. :worthy:

Or you could get a Silverado SS, 345-hp High-Output Vortec 6000 V8. :worthy:

9. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

Can't afford the insurance and payments for a Lightning, plus it doesn't have extended cab, and that right there is enough to turn me away, I hate single cabs. The Silverado SS is bad ass, but the payment and insurance pops up again. Reason I want a 2000 F-150 love the tailights.

10. jamesA

Nah, you just love FORD. :p

Noooo.......not the F word.

Well, get what floats your boat man. Too bad Honda doesn't make full size pickups.

11. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

I don't know if I would want to buy a full sized Honda, I love the Pilot, but Trucks IMO, are owned by domestics. I don't think Toyota will ever beat that. Could happen though.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted