Trucker Protest

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NotUrAverage_Si

Just heard it on the radio and am watching it on the news. Southern California truck drivers are blocking all lanes of the freeway from the carpool to the emergency lane causing traffic to come to a hault. The truckers are doing this as a protest to the rising cost of diesel fuel. They have already blocked the 5 freeway and starting at 9:00 am will try to have every major free way in southern California blocked off.

So to all the So. Cal members, be safe when driving on the freeways today and watch out for the big rigs.

How does this do anything but piss everyone else off? It certainly doesn't accomplish anything.

Why are most protest of this kind so misdirected? The only real attention they are really going to get is local, and the only ones that are truely going to be affected are the poor saps that get stuck. They should all drive to DC and block off the capitol if they want to really be heard by those that make a difference.

Yeah, I know... Effin' hurry up, Cali. I'm tired of this shit. Just go chill with Hawaii. Invite Alaska if you want.

No, California will be sold back to Mexico. Incase you have been missing for the past 40 years they've inhabited the place.

isnt that illegal? like...you can strike or whatever, but you can't block shit off...or somethin like that...

fuckin' truckers. diesel is cheaper than gasoline. stop bitching.

I got a date tonite at 8pm..

those fuckers had BETTER NOT block teh freeway im taking.

ill get out of my car and pull a Reginald Denny all over again.

edit

and for you youngsters who dont remember who reginald denny was....

he was this white trucker that 3 black guys pulled from his semi truck in the 1992 riots in south central la, and beat him to shit with a brick, and then danced around his limp body on the ground.

watch the news, cuz my muthafucking ass is getting to huntinton beach tonite come hell or high-water

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Apr 30 2004, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I know... Effin' hurry up, Cali. I'm tired of this shit. Just go chill with Hawaii. Invite Alaska if you want.

Word. Alaska was nothing but mountains, mooses, and bears...I was too young to remember any decent roads, so fuck it.

Cliff notes

Fuck California
Fuck Alaska

Go truckers! Block that traffic! Woo Woo!

Originally posted by civicious@Apr 30 2004, 10:20 AM
isnt that illegal? like...you can strike or whatever, but you can't block shit off...or somethin like that...

fuckin' truckers. diesel is cheaper than gasoline. stop bitching.

In California diesel is more expensive than other states. In some places it's 20 or 30 cents more than gasoline and gasoline is already at $2.40 a gallon.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Apr 30 2004, 10:24 AM

none of the truckers are there, they left their trucks on the freeway and got in other cars and left.

Originally posted by xyswany@Apr 30 2004, 12:35 PM
Isnt California supposed to break off and fall into the ocean soon?

Yeah. lol. On Sunday night the new Cali earthquake disaster made for tv movie 10.5 airs.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Apr 30 2004, 10:45 AM
Just go chill with Hawaii. Invite Alaska if you want.

I love that flash movie. :)

And if it's just a few people, I don't think its civil disobediance, then it's just crime. :)

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Apr 30 2004, 01:24 PM
I got a date tonite at 8pm..

those fuckers had BETTER NOT block teh freeway im taking.

edit

and for you youngsters who dont remember who reginald denny was....

he was this white trucker that 3 black guys pulled from his semi truck in the 1992 riots in south central la, and beat him to shit with a brick, and then danced around his limp body on the ground.

watch the news, cuz my muthafucking ass is getting to huntinton beach tonite come hell or high-water

Tony has a date! Call the news stations!!! Haha. :lol:

j/k... Tony- just go pick her up on a motorcycle. Improvise.

Back