True Detective

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrutalB83

Brutal Moderator
VIP
Did anyone else watch this show? Thoughts?

I really enjoyed it. That tracking shot in the third or fourth episode was impressive. The writing was well done and the acting was very good I thought. I look forward to season two. I saw a rumor that Brad Pit may get involved. I'd love to see that.

Just started watching it, currently on episode 3.

Fucking AMAZING. I love this Matthew McConaughey fellow.

Yeah I also enjoyed it. One of those shows you almost need to watch twice to catch everything. Also some nice eye candy.

Apparently Woody and McConaghey aren't going to be involved in season 2. Or at least that's what I heard.

correct their story is done
you get a new story in a new town with a new cast next year

Yeah, I really, really enjoyed this show. I started watching it after the finale, so I ended up just powering through the whole thing. Everything about it just draws you in. Even the opening title sequence is eerie as Hell, but so intriguing.

Some thoughts... *SPOILERS*

-I thought that the script was really good and the acting was really good as well. The characters had real depth. After the first episode you're left with the impression that Rust is a wierdo and Marty is a foil to him...just a good, American family guy. But then later you find out more about why Rust is the way he is and you also find out that Marty has a nasty streak that borders on psychopathic at times. Good shit.

-I like that they didn't actually show us what was on the video. I feel like graphic violence is so common in movies and TV these days that we've become desensitized to it. Not showing us the video but showing the characters react in such a disgusted way to it was far more effective.

-I like that they both survived. I feel like any other show or movie would have had Rust die in the end.

I agree with all three points. And the video portion reminded me a lot of Seven, the box scene and knife suit specifically. Its all that much more suspenseful because it is left up the viewer as to what happened.

Back