True or false....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ChrisSiR

Will a 1g DSM turbo manifold bolt up to a b16a? ive heard rumors from a few people, are they talkin out they ass? :D

I'm leaning towards NO on this one. I've heard rumors that they bolt up pretty well on a F22 SOHC Accord/Prelude engine, though.

Interesting.....

guess i'll have to find one and see if it does....

If i remember right, the bolt patterns are similer but not sure if they are exact..... im wondering if the spaces between exhaust ports are different...

:no: but hell I don't know. <_<

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Nov 5 2003, 10:05 PM
I'm leaning towards NO on this one. I've heard rumors that they bolt up pretty well on a F22 SOHC Accord/Prelude engine, though.

i have heard this rumor too... I wonder if they do bolt up to an f22 accord...

Im almost positive it wont work.... the DSM manifold is about 2 inches longer
<---> than a b-series manifold.... so im sure the bolt pattern is is stretched...

B series - Roughly 13inches long
DSM- about 15 inches..... eh oh well.....

i wonder how it compares to a H or F series motor/head/manifold....

Doubt it, but good idea and if it worked that would be nice.

I know the 1.5 sohc D series from the EF has a manifold and you can bolt up a mitsu 14b turbo up to it with a bracket, but that would be useful for D series.

If you're ever wondering if a manifold will fit an engine, go to an autoparts store and ask to see the manifold gaskets for 1) the engine it's going on, and 2) the manifold you're wondering about. Lay them on top of eachother and compare.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Nov 24 2003, 12:17 AM
If you're ever wondering if a manifold will fit an engine, go to an autoparts store and ask to see the manifold gaskets for 1) the engine it's going on, and 2) the manifold you're wondering about. Lay them on top of eachother and compare.

Good idea.... but im pretty sure they wont bolt up.....

Back