1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to boost my b18

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by sparkstheanthony, Sep 4, 2008.

1. sparkstheanthony

sparkstheanthony New Member

ok i got a 92 integra ls with a b18. ok heres the deal. im a former dsmer.(dont old it against me) anyway im sick of throwing rods and crank bearings in those shitty 4g63s so im going the honda route. Anyway, i know enough about turbocharging to setup all the hardware. the questions i have for you honda vets is
    1. where should i draw oil for the turbo feed.
    2. what happens after i set everything up. im going for low boost and low horsepower (its a daily driver) im not going to upgrade the injectors unless i have to. Can i set everything up and crank it over with no problems? if not i know nothing about computer tuning. help me out i want this thing to run correctly if im going to invest. how can i do it with the stock computer. if i cant whats the cheapest/easiest way to tune. any prewritten tuning walkthroughs you could point me to would be great. if not.... what do i need to do.

2. amadeuscr

amadeuscr Member

take oil from the oil pressure sensor in the back of the engine and after turbo goes to the oil pan

YOU HAVE TO change the injectors , 240cc are max out after 3psi jeje , and you have to chip your ECU and tune it with crome , or get hondata !

3. 763civicls21

763civicls21 New Member

2x what he said

4. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

Or you can get an oil filter relocation kit and run the turbo feed line off of that.

The rest of what was said is also correct.

5. haao13

haao13 New Member

you dont to HAVE to change the injectors nor do you HAVE to chip your ecu. you could throw on a rising rate regulator and a fpr but itll be hell on your motor. you did after all say the cheapest way :D

6. SLOWdelawareEG

SLOWdelawareEG my cars go fast

+1 on that. its called an FMU and for low boost setups with a walbro 255 fuel pump, its not all that bad. my 95 ls teg was fast as shit with that setup on 5psi, and its only $140 to get going(90 for pump, 50 for fmu)!! might not be long term reliable, but itll hold you over till you get injectors and a tune;). and when you do get it tuned, use the 450cc injectors from your dsm:D

7. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

At this point, I'd go with eCtune. Hondata seems to have stopped innovating on the OBD1 front, and they've begun to liquidate stock.

I know that if I had it to do all over again, I'd go with eCtune. This is coming from someone who absolutely loves his s300. Although, I'd wait until eCtune comes out with the integrated unit, similar to the s300.

8. boostin4fun

boostin4fun Boosted ls/vtec ohh yeah!

Regardless of whether you decide to go with an FMU or some other form of tuning here is a good resource for you. You can learn alot about tuning theory and the basics here, alot of which is Honda specific. pgmfi.org • Index page

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted