Trying to decide...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cjvictoria

what to do with my 88 CRX...

Its got 223k miles on the D16A6, so it seems kind of dumb to fix it... I think I'll be better off if I swapped in a B-series. Right now price is no big deal, I just want to make sure I don't get ripped off on the price to install.

So my question is, about how much do you think I should expect to pay to have a shop install a motor... AND if I had a friend do it, how much should I pay em?

At this point, Im just weighing options, but I'm on the lookout for any B series parts. I have helped with a B series into EF once, so I know it's not terribly difficult. I just don't have a garage and all the tools. Which is where my buddy Corry comes in.

I looked at tigerjapanese a minute ago, and the prices dont seem too bad, but I'll probably end up getting an engine locally, just gotta shop around a bit. Lemme know what you guys would do, because I'm not so sure about this yet...

I might even just sell the Rex and get this 1997 4dr Civic.

My budget is right around 3000, so I'll either get the 4dr, or fix my Rex.. Just need a nudge in the right direction i guess!

My main concern is, it's gonna take time to do the swap. That or I could just go buy the 4dr 97... And the 4dr is pretty sweet, comes with clean fat fives, and its an ex 5spd with black interior. I have another set of wheels that I would put on it though.

Im kinda jumping around here, but I did look around more today and found a b16a swap on craigslist. Engine and transmission for 1200, and still running in the car (also an EF) I can go test drive it and see if it's worth it before buying so I may just be doing that. Hopefully soon I can start a swap thread for my rex! FINALLY...

But still, the 4dr is so fucking tempting, especially in that metallic red. It's hard to decide... Either way i'm probably going to paint the rex flat black soon, on the inside first though because i have it stripped out right now. Im also going to rip up the old nasty ass carpet and just go carpetless for a while until the paint is finished up

It only takes 1 or 2 days to swap depending on experience, what needs to be converted (If going odb1 from obd0), and having the right tools.

If you decide to keep the CRX make sure you have all the parts needed to do the swap such as axles and what not. Makes things so much easier having everything ready to go

Hell yeah, just needing to find everything is the problem. Im trying to find one still running in another EF preferably, like someone upgrading to a k swap...

Either way, I have found a B16 siR 1 with the transmission for 1200, need to find the rest now... I haven't bought the motor yet though because I only just found it on craigslist.

I've been reading up on the swap articles, and see that it's the best engine to swap to in my case, so the siR is definitely what I'm on the lookout for...

they stole most of my content. unfrotunately, most of it is 'fact' and is considered public domain with little recourse for reprocussions.
was never worth the hassel of attempting a law suit, and now that they are owned by Internet brands, their bankroll far exceedes mine and i'll get owned in court.

I see the thread refers to B's old user name and has a link to it.

Is that still a possible legal issue? If so, does that mean we cannot post links to other sites?

damn dude... i didnt know about that. it just shows their laziness anyways, I would call it a victory.

Anyways... I'm on the lookout for B16A Si-R and the other parts needed if anyone has them I'd be very interested. Also looking online, and HMO is out of stock on almost all B series motors right now so I'll have to check back in a few days...

I know TigerJap and a few others have them... Been checking CL and have found not one B16A locally. Someone sell me your swap!

keep the rex. you'll miss it if you sell it. just my $.02.

well, for now the rex will just be sitting in my buddies yard, some shit came up and my budget of 3k just got chopped in half... So looks like for now I'll be getting another car for cheap and saving up again :(

Back