trying to pull 3s out of a 96 cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96civyhb

Ok well I current have a 97 cx civic hb. I plan to strip it and add an ex head that will be ported polished and have an upgraded cam onto the stock bottom end with a lower compression head gasket but thats about it. i want to get a turbo kit maybe the apex kit(could someone recomend a good kit) and run around 9 psi or so with a v-safc, msd and and adjustable cam gear. Are 13s possible out of this little motor. Or sould I look at a gsr swap first and wait for a while. I eventually want to pull some twelves but thats down the road a year or so.

13's are possible with a sohc turbo setup. You'd get better horsepower numbers and track times with a gsr turbo setup though. My friend Matt was running high 12's all day long in his sohc turbo crx. Turbo kit manufacters: Edlebrock, Apexi, GReddy, DRAG and you can find them HERE!.

btw, the topic of your thread is a little misleading.

I'd love a GSR, but I just decided to turbo the Z6 since I already have it. I should have high 13's easy in my civic coupe once I get to the track. I bought some eagle rods and after I get pistons I should have easy 12's. GSR has a lot more potential and can handle a lot on stock internals, but I think you would be happy with a turbo d-series and then eventually maybe a mild build later on. If you do your research it can be done for pretty cheap and a GSR would cost you a lot right from the start. I want to get a b-series sometime, but I am having fun with the d-series right now.

Back