trying to replacing rear brake pads was a disaster

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would normally choose a much bigger rotor. But for 130 bucks for a front pair the 12"er's would be economical while still having a much better braking.

Wait, actually, running outside and measuring the front rotor, it's already 11". So if I were to upgrade I better go with some 13" or bigger in the front with the 4 piston calipers, and duals pistons in the back on 12"ers. The rears are 10" now.

Quoted post[/post]]
you're not right

I keep hearing that... and not just from you either. :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
I would normally choose a much bigger rotor. But for 130 bucks for a front pair the 12"er's would be economical while still having a much better braking.

Wait, actually, running outside and measuring the front rotor, it's already 11". So if I were to upgrade I better go with some 13" or bigger in the front with the 4 piston calipers, and duals pistons in the back on 12"ers. The rears are 10" now.

You can actually gain a LOT of braking response and longevity (fade resistance) by just going to a high quality THICKER rotor and really good pads. On a stock power vehicle, this is actually a very economic and worthwhile upgrade.

I can always use the dual piston S4 calipers and 12" rotors on the front.

Wouldn't thicker rotors overheat or take longer to dissipate heat on the track or even normal braking?

I'm not going to be going to PA much anymore, but when I did.I used to do 120-130 mph a lot of the way. I usually stuck it on cruise but they're are always those people who felt the need to cut in front of me 1/8-1/4 mile up and making me slow down to about 70 mph.

i think he means wider, rather then thicker. as in more space in the center area of the rotor, which wold allow more airflow and better cooling. not necessarily thicker metal.

2 years????

start a new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back