TSA Fail

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Simply stunning..... Not really sure why Gawker is making a big deal out of ammo though. Just about every time I have gone on a flight there has been someone checking a rifle or handgun with associated ammo.

I want to know the name of the genius responsible for "redacting" the .pdf files.

I mean talk about the height of incompetence in a position directly relative to national security. Ridiculous.

Its just about as bad as the affidavit they released in regards to that UK hacker that broke into .gov machines and they covered the IP's up in the same ass-backwards way. Bunch of fucking idiots I tell you.

but because they are stupid federal bureaucrats they simply drew little boxes over the secret stuff in the pdf files. So "hackers," by which we mean "people with Acrobat Professional," simply removed the boxes and looked at what was underneath.

Bahahahahah!

here's an odd thought

THE TSA AND SECURITY CHECKS AT THE AIRPORT DON'T FUCKING MATTER!!!!!

they are there to give the illusion of security and make weak minded people feel safe... nothing more

Use of a pig model to demonstrate vulnerability of... [Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 2007] - PubMed result
Use of a pig model to demonstrate vulnerability of major neck vessels to inflicted trauma from common household items.

Byard RW, Cains GE, Gilbert JD.
The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia. byard.roger@saugov.sa.gov.au

Commonly available items including a ball point pen, a plastic knife, a broken wine bottle, and a broken wine glass were used to inflict stab and incised wounds to the necks of 3 previously euthanized Large White pigs. With relative ease, these items could be inserted into the necks of the pigs next to the jugular veins and carotid arteries. Despite precautions against the carrying of metal objects such as knives and nail files on board domestic and international flights, objects are still available within aircraft cabins that could be used to inflict serious and potentially life-threatening injuries. If airport and aircraft security measures are to be consistently applied, then consideration should be given to removing items such as glass bottles and glass drinking vessels. However, given the results of a relatively uncomplicated modification of a plastic knife, it may not be possible to remove all dangerous objects from aircraft. Security systems may therefore need to focus on measures such as increased surveillance of passenger behavior, rather than on attempting to eliminate every object that may serve as a potential weapon.

and that doesnt even begin to scratch the surface of the items that will make functional stabbing or slashing weapons either in their standard form or with a small amount of modification... hell a simple piece of paper can make a usable stabbing device if folded the right way
any time i have been on a plane i have had no less than a dozen things with me that can be used as improvised weapons.... normal everyday items that no one would think twice about... not to mention all of the items i could acquire once past the security check point
talk to a prison guard, or watch some of the shows where they show you shit from inside of REAL prisons, and see how many normal everyday items are turned into weapons... then you will see how truly laughable the security checks at airports really are... and you will see them for what they really are... unconstitutional invasions of your personal privacy

and this still doesnt address the fact that: in the case of firearms and explosives it is ground crews who stash them 98% of the time, not passengers carrying them on. Yet there has not been much of an increase in background checks or the vetting process for ground crews.

The industry lingo for people who get pulled aside and questioned at airport security checkpoints is "SSSS," for "Secondary Security Screening Selection." We figured that airlines would use some sort of secret code to communicate to the TSA that a given ticketholder was due for the third degree, but nope—it looks like they literally just write four S's on your ticket. So now you know.
so thats why i get selected when i fly

Back