TTIWWOP eh? New completion thread, bunch of pics.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c!v!c

elite crew
I started a build thread a while back before I was even done, so I've got pics from the whole process.

I had a '95 Corolla, crashed it. Oops! I don't take that corner at 55 in the rain anymore at least. Then I needed wheels to get to and from work, so I needed to grab a new (used) car as soon as I could, my budget was tight, and to tell the truth, I didn't really like Hondas... But the price was right and it was reliable, so I got it.

A GOD DAMNED LEMON!!@$#$@$!%!

The guy I bought it from had it completely ghetto-rigged so it would run fine on a test drive, but about two weeks later, it all went to hell. Overheating all the time, burning so much oil, then it just blew the head gasket, so I rebuilt the motor, and all was well. This is when I really started loving Hondas. Now I'll never buy from another company... except maybe a BMW, or a Lexus. :)

Then when I thought I had it good, I blew a valve. The head of the valve just disintegrated. Rebuilt it again with new valves, new rings, etc etc, but it still didn't run, so I just said to Hell with it and got this guy here. Oh yeah, dropping the JDM B16A into the EG8. Four doors of fury!
Picture002.jpg

Good riddance!
Picture005.jpg

This is about when I realized I had a LOT of work to do.
Picture010.jpg

My workstation.
Picture011.jpg

Ugh. And yes, I realize that's not the air temp sensor. : ]
Picture012.jpg

After many hours of wiring it's ready to go.
Picture013.jpg

And after many hours of not being able to line up the tranny mount it's in.
Picture018.jpg

It's in, it's in! I get to drive it! Oh wait... TPS is broken from tightly wrapped shipping.
Picture023.jpg

New TPS comes in, new plug wires and put the header shield back on.
Picture009.jpg

Current state of affairs on the interior side...
Picture005-1.jpg

It's gutted, and for what? Oh yeah, to run my 0 gauge to the trunk.
Picture006.jpg

0 gauge? What ever for? Oh yeah, the four 12s fiberglassed into the wheel well.
Picture007-1.jpg

All of this into a beat up four door, rofl.
I realize there's a lot of work to be done though, I'm going to pull the engine again once it warms up to do a wire-tuck, paint the bay, and add the HASPORT mounts.

But, it's my first Honda, which basically means it's just one ever-going project. I plan on first fixing the Honda-rot on the wheel wells, then getting some wheels to replace the steelies. Then I definitely need to upgrade suspension, and MAYBE a subtle body kit, and definitely a paint job.

If all goes according to plan, I'll be opening a shop with a few local guys here in CT in the next few years. I'm studying the fine art of body-work and fiberglassing, then getting my welding license. But it's all just in the planning stage, so whatever, I've always got lameass college to fall back on. :D

Damn, I just dropped an engine in myself, and my workstation was about as high class as yours... I like it =P. Nice job and fodo FTW

Workstation is my momma's garage, don't have one of my own yet

: ]

It's my DD, so I left all of the goodies on, so the bay looks like ass. Oh and I didn't clean it either, haha.

Oh, and I've got about 143908 hours of sanding and paint to do on that speakerbox, it's not staying like that.
I'll keep y'all posted.

Last edited:
Looks really good man

Once the money starts coming in again, I've got a friend with a Del Sol... He blew his engine, and now the car just sits there... I'm thinking about grabbing that and slapping a turbo on my old SOHC with some new rods and pistons, making myself a nice little quick Sol. Because not only are the 4 subs going to weigh the car down, so are the 4 amps to power all of the speakers haha. The car isn't necessarily meant to be a speed demon, I'd just really like to be able to go up hills, lmao, couldn't really do that well with the D15.

make sure you cover those things up, or your car will be gone.

You think it'll get jacked out here in CT? I'm not extremely worried, as I don't actually live in Dirty Water... I live in the woods in a suburb. Though I do often go there... NVM, good point haha. I'm getting some better insurance later today, too.

BTW, does anyone know how to get a car emissions tested if it's not registered? I need emissions done to register it, but to drive it there, it needs to be registered... I can't afford a tow for something so trivial right now.

i'm in bristol man... i know the area well. Cover it, even if you're just passing through. and keep it low if you plan to park it.

you need to get a temp reg, go to emissions, then go get a real plate. i think its $50 for the temp reg... such a pain in the ass, i know.

Adding power and weight, has that nice cancelling effect :lol:

Haha too bad I'm straight outta the British Isles.

:laughbounce2:

Back