Tunability (For Racing)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

akcman

Hey guys, i just joined this forum, and from what i read you guys are extremely knowlegdable :worthy:
Anyway, i'm an aussie, and i have a DC2. I was going to get a JR SCharger but you guys see to be more inclined towards turbo. Since it's got more potiential in terms of power and torque...
I wanted to set up my DC2 for racing rather than dragging (since that's what it was really built for). So i was wondering which is better for racing? And which is better for tunability? There must be some advantages of JR SC over a turbo... and it can't just be emissions and the fact that your less likely to blow your engine...
Dunno, maybe NA is better for racing? Anyone have any suggestions, since it's a big decision, cause once you go down one road, there is no turning back.. since you need so much $$$. thanks! :lol:

N/A would be a cheaper, more reliable route to go than a JRSC. Seriously. Also, it can help you stay in lower classes for whatever type of racing you choose.

For the cost of the SC kit alone, you can do ALL KINDS of engine mods. Stroker, Cams, Sleeving, etc. Then add on the Hondata, A good open exhaust you would have needed for the SC anyway, and you've got a real screamer.

Also, the power band on an N/A vehicle helps it remain easier to modulate power in the corners, through the straight and pulling out of a nice sweeper. ;)

What kind of racing? Autox? Road racing? Ice racing? I assume you mean road racing, so low end power (below 5000 RPM) doesn't mean dookie. Rather than build a car and then go race, if you're really seriouis, go figure out what class you want to race in and then mod your car accordingly.

I was thinking low end torque for launching at the start etc... :lol:
I'm kinda interested in Road Racing (no ice in Perth), going to take some advanced driving lessons, so i guess probably start in Class C I guess. And since i'm just a beginner, low end torque would probably be helpful since my gear changing aint that brilliant yet. I think i am going the NA pathway. How long you been racing for Honkey?

Back