Tune h22a on labtop need help???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DVJr84

H22A4drCivic
I know theres a couple web sites like moates.net PGMFI.ORG but i still have alot of questions. I tried going on pgmfi.org and something is wrong with that site. Anybody know whats good with that? So Getting down to the point I have a 95 4dr with and 92-96 ob1 h22a. I wanna get into tuning because Im about to do a turbo application and ive been reading that i need a really good tune for stock internals. I wanted to hook it into my labtop and tune the car because i was told it was the best for the car to have its own tune. So my question is what all do i have to by off of moates.com and how do i go about mapping and any other info i should know? I also read something about a wide band and i think i need that. All the info is very important because i want my h22a to run as good as possible

Last edited:
you've come to the right place, and thanks for reading up!

you need:
BURN1 Flash-n-Burn USB-Based Chip Programmer [BURN1] - $85.00 : Moates.Net Burn1
C2 SST 27SF512 Chip [C2] - $5.00 : Moates.Net 27SF512 Chip
S4 Aries 28-pin Low-Profile ZIF [S4] - $7.00 : Moates.Net Low Profile ZIF socket

the wideband you choose will be based on the tuning program you choose to use. I only have experiance with hondata. I use this PLX device. PLX SM-AFR /w/ WB Sensor [PLX-SM-AFR] - $195.00 : Moates.Net

yeah pgmfi.org's wiki has been dead for months and it sucks. they had/have all the info. but good news, i found an archive of it. complete with .bin files (used for stock base maps). http://web.archive.org/web/20060705053324/www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Home/WebHome

some people have said the link doesnt work. works for me. if all else fails search on google with the site:pgmfi.org atribute and use the 'cached' link for all the pages. tho that wont have the .bin's.

lemme know if that helps

no the burn1 doesnt do real time.

but consider this:
do you trust Microsoft Windows to run your car?

I DON'T.

real time is good for the tuning process only. after you create the map you want, you need to burn it permanantly. that's what the burn1 does. you can get a romulator... but it's not required.

if you do get a romulator, i highly recommend the Ostrich 2.0
Ostrich 2.0 : The New Breed [OSTRICH_2] - $175.00 : Moates.Net

hondata is very easy to get. and a very nicely done program. but it's expensive.

I have no experiance with crome what so ever so i couldnt say anything for the program. it should however work with the Burn1 from everything i've read. and the ostrich 2.0

okay my car is running off an ecu i bought off of ebay with jun spec. Can i use the chip and remap that one for turbo and how do i know exactly what ecu i have. It doesnt have the white sticker with the info. I was supossed to get a p13 because thats the jdm ecu if im correct but im not sure.

Last edited:
anways its cheaper to buy the honda tuning kit anyways. Now that i know where to get the stuff and the software does anyone have any good maps for my h22a? Im getting a t3/t4 turbo with intercooler and the only upgrade is cam gears and they're still at 0. Anybody have any suggestions about retarding or advancing the cam gears for the turbo and a good mapping for it??? All imput appreciated

Back