tune shops in socal???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

i need a good shop to tune my prelude its supercharged and all that shit but i need a good shop to help me get her runnin right
anyone got some reputable shops theyve been to??
if anyone suggests Penn smack yourself haha

Originally posted by ryangt@Mar 19 2005, 03:08 PM
i need a good shop to tune my prelude its supercharged and all that shit but i need a good shop to help me get her runnin right
anyone got some reputable shops theyve been to??
if anyone suggests Penn smack yourself haha
[post=475783]Quoted post[/post]​

I suggest driving to my house leting me look at it, then taking for a ride to what ever shp we decide to go to :p , im serious to......lol, im in berdoo. Im willin to lend you a hand, im sure we could finda good shop too, i know a few and could makea few calls then we could take a rider over. I will take a look around, but first ...... what super charger? jackson or vortech? And what management.

Oh yeah, im in san bernardino, off waterman.

its a jackson, it has no management that i know of, i just bought it and it already had this setup on it, im seriously thinkin about taking it back to the dealership and telling them to shove the contract up their asses
yeah i know berdoo

Originally posted by ryangt@Mar 20 2005, 12:53 PM
its a jackson, it has no management that i know of, i just bought it and it already had this setup on it, im seriously thinkin about taking it back to the dealership and telling them to shove the contract up their asses
yeah i know berdoo
[post=476081]Quoted post[/post]​

Whats it doing that makes you think it needs to be tuned then? This is an H22? I got plenty of tools and what not and i know we can find a nice shop, If ya want im serous about swingin by, iu dont mind helping at a, the way i see it you can pay me with a ride in the lude. plus i wouldint mind leting my moms BF take a look, were planning on swaping in an H22 to there accord, as soon as this f22 kicks the bucket.

I got some buddies (brothers) that live around the coroner, impreza guys, but im sure they can recomend a great place to check out for forced induction tuning. One of them drove to arizona toget his impreza tuned at Kingpin motor sports. But i know they will know some great local shops. This isint the kind of thing you want any old fool puting his hands on.

For honda forced induction tunning definitly go to Rage. Rage Website. I personally don't care much for the owner's personality or their pricing, put they are a very professional shop who do good, FULLY LEGIT and reputiable work. Their tunner is simply amazing. He is soo crazy knowledable about fuel managment and wiring and really cares about the cars he works on/tunes. Its funny to watch him get a little upset when cars are preforming poorly on the dyno. A very good friend of mine works for jackson racing and he had his car tuned there as well. Check em out and remember you get what you pay for.

Edit: Also what fuel management are running. I know they don't tune hondata, but do tune motec, speed pro, AEM, etc.

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Mar 20 2005, 01:25 PM
For honda forced induction tunning definitly go to Rage. Rage Website. I personally don't care much for the owner's personality or their pricing, put they are a very professional shop who do good, FULLY LEGIT and reputiable work. Their tunner is simply amazing. He is soo crazy knowledable about fuel managment and wiring and really cares about the cars he works on/tunes. Its funny to watch him get a little upset when cars are preforming poorly on the dyno. A very good friend of mine works for jackson racing and he had his car tuned there as well. Check em out and remember you get what you pay for.

Edit: Also what fuel management are running. I know they don't tune hondata, but do tune motec, speed pro, AEM, etc.
[post=476106]Quoted post[/post]​

Mike knows who is who, if he says rage trust him.

Do It Dyno ask for Bubba hands down. I sent you a PM with is # yo. He is the most asked for tuner in So. Cali he's the bomb with Hondata and Motec.

hahaha, I <3 James Lin a.k.a. tuner at Rage. He wired my vtec, although for him it must have been like taking off a bolt is to me. His car has all the wires individually labeled, its the craziest shit I've ever seen. Rage charges you up the butt though.

Hookups in Upland does really good work as well. I think they are just as good as Rage, but that is just me. They have a dyno, and they don't rape you as far as pricing goes. There number is 909 373-RACE.

Originally posted by mrnikelz@Apr 11 2005, 05:21 PM
Hookups in Upland does really good work as well. I think they are just as good as Rage, but that is just me. They have a dyno, and they don't rape you as far as pricing goes. There number is 909 373-RACE.
[post=485877]Quoted post[/post]​

Although this thread is a bit dead, I guess it is good for anyone doing reference.

Yeah Chris at Hookups is definitly a really awesome guy, hes done a couple of favors for me which really helped me out. But for FI tunning Rage is still the place to go. Is chirs still tunning at hookups? Honestly though James >>>>>>>>> Chris about knowledge of fuel management and tunning. But for mechanical work id go there, much cooler guys and reasonable pricing.

One more comment. As Johnathan says, Bubba is an awesome tunner as well. I have never even seen the guy, however I have heard very good things about him from extremly knowledgable and deeply involved people in the honda industry. I would very much consider having him tune my car as well.

Back