1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tune up

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by 5thgenerationc, Sep 30, 2003.

1. 5thgenerationc

5thgenerationc Junior Member

ok guys i just went and picked up my motor today i ordered from hmo.com and i wanted to put new sparkplugs,cap and rotor in and an oil change too. when i went to the local napa i told them i needed the stuff for a 99 civic si. will these parts be good on my b16a sir2? thanks

2. dohch22a4

dohch22a4 Senior Member

What OBD car are you swapping into? Guessing from your name, I would assume that it's a fifth-gen Civic. What OBD is your motor? If your motor is OBD I, the OBD II cap and rotor won't work... at least I'm pretty sure it won't. I know the distributor won't work and I imagine it's the same case with the cap and rotor, but I could be wrong. As far as the spark plugs go, I'm sure any plugs for any B16 will work.

3. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Cap, rotor, plugs are all the same. Get them for a 95-97 Del Sol vtec, or a 99-00 Si.

5. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

and change the tranny fluid also, chances are the tranny might not have them unless the axles are still attached, make sure to get Honda oem MTL,,

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted