Tuner lugs?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
I've been using Gorilla locks for 8 years now. Gorilla locks/lugs > *.*

That's all there is to it. The few grams you save by going with "tuner" lugs isn't going to make any difference on the street, or even the racetrack unless you're a pro level driver.

Less rotational mass, in any form, makes me smile.

Like I said, $18 more for something with a nice fit and finish and thats as light as possible - I'll take it.

They should be here today or tomorrow so I can finally get my rims on. I have to finish my stainless steel lines and rear brake upgrade though.

Yes, less rotational mass does help no matter what... but the mass that you lose from going to the tuner lugs is almost insignificant. In terms of rotational intertia, it's right in the middle of the wheel- so it's nowhere near as big a difference as if you removed the weight from the outer edge of the wheel. I value not having my wheels stolen quite a bit more than having lugs that are a few grams lighter in a place where those few grams won't make much of a difference- especially if the wheels are gone.

Quoted post[/post]]
Yes, less rotational mass does help no matter what... but the mass that you lose from going to the tuner lugs is almost insignificant. In terms of rotational intertia, it's right in the middle of the wheel- so it's nowhere near as big a difference as if you removed the weight from the outer edge of the wheel. I value not having my wheels stolen quite a bit more than having lugs that are a few grams lighter in a place where those few grams won't make much of a difference- especially if the wheels are gone.

You still need a key for the zenkis. It goes inside of the lug, rather than outside.

If you don't think that someone has a gorilla key, that cost them $5 at autozone and that you're protected by the fact that your lugs require a key.... then you're smoking the really good stuff.

I just got the lugs today, they weigh practically nothing and look good. Unfortunately they scratched a lot easier than I would have expected. Around the seat of the lug is expected, because it doesn't spin like the McGards but I didn't expect the side of one of the lugs to get scraped - I don't even know how it happened.

Moral of the story: I got my Enkei RPF1's on with Zenki lugs. The Zenkis look nice and cost $56 shipped.
Unfortunately I'm unhappy with the rubber on the car (the previous owner had them put 215/45 or 55/17's on the car on a 17x8 rim!!) My car now has a rim thats an inch taller and a sidewall that is the same as the sidewall on the 16's - it looks like a dune buggy. I guess I'm getting Megan Racing coilovers sooner than I expected. (I got the rims with the rubber premounted for less than half of what it would have cost new and I'm not about to demount $600+ worth of brand new BF Goodrich TA KDW2's and throw it away)

where are the best places to look for zenki's and gorillas? i saw ebay and summitracing posted, is that where people are shopping?

Quoted post[/post]]
where are the best places to look for zenki's and gorillas? i saw ebay and summitracing posted, is that where people are shopping?

Autozone and other stores will have gorillas.

They're a huge name. I'm not sure if they're lifetime warrantied like the McGards are.

Zenkis I could not find anywhere but on ebay, and they weren't in the auction title but in the product description.

Mine are very light, and so long as they don't strip out or have all the anodizing scratched off them, then I'll be happy.

It does take longer to take the lugs off having to use the lame key and not an impact gun but thats how all tuner lugs are.

Racingdimension is the power seller I bought the zenkis from on ebay.

Here's a link to their auctions

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ50...racingdimension

my brother has gorilla lugs on his civic. they rusted. now they look like crap. i think he may have even put the stock lugs back on now :thumbsdown:

Back