Tuner Transformation...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i wasnt aware that he paid for it either...i thought it was like pimp my ride or whatever...those guys on the show are ass holes...especially the "cosmetics" guy...and what did he do for cosmetics? nothing, he ordered a cf hood and had some other guy buff the paint...what makes him cosmetics? but yeah, that yellow tint was nasty...that shit would give me a headache...the best thing done w/ the swap, everything else didnt make a difference

Back to the show... I watched the one with the S13 conversion, but I got disgusted with the total and complete lack of anything educational that I stopped watching it. I watch Overhaulin' if I watch any of those shows...

i think the only thing they have ever done right on that show was the AE86 with the MR-2 swap, but they really didnt do anything they had ALL the work done out side of their little "shop"

they need to get some hosts on that show that actually know what they are doin, not trying to copy everythign they see in sport com mags

Why do you think I watch Overhaulin'? ;) Chip Foose is an absolute genius of a designer... even if you don't see a lot of the work being done, you KNOW it took a lot of effort and skill to turn out what they do in 7 days...

I duno...his wheels suck a LOT. Some of his stuff is awsome, like the Lexus IS430 he did for "Rides" but other than that, his stuff is way too gaudy for me.

Chip Foose worked with Rod Millen on the aestetics (And of course, wheels) of the IS430.

-> Steve

EDIT: Plus, Johnny B is a crackhead. And the announcer is annoying as all get out.

<clear Throat> With only 5 days remaining on the eighteen inch wheel mod, Johnny B is no where to be found <Throat>

It takes him 4 days to get a pinstripe. Then someone else is hired to install it. I work in a shop where a car can take 2 years to complete - And I would be fired if that happened.

And one more thing, The very best automotive show to EVER hit the Television screen is Stacey David's, "Trucks!". This guy is a genius. In fact, check out my new avatar.

He's fun to watch, he's respectable, he does EVERYTHING, and he solves tough problems while talking to you without a pause, he takes a cut or bruise and laughs it off, and sets shit on fire on his show.

-> Steve

Yeah stacy is the man and the best trucks i have seen latley was the one where he modeled the jeep after the tomb raider movie. Where he added new rims and tires and cut a big ass hole in the fender for a snorkel intake to go off roading with.

Yeah, Stacy just looks at things, and suddenly knows how to do them. I also like how he piles all the leftovers in the middle of the floor.

That exact episode was ruined by the owners of the Jeep. They paid him to do it too - He's not a freebie guy. The dad came in, totally pissed off and the son didn't even know how to offroad !

Rich fuckers.

->Steve

Trucks is a good show.. and a while ago Horsepower Tv did a project beater.. of a crx i think ... they spent like 8 or 9 grand total and got it into the 13s.... I dont remember a whole lot

but most car shows dont focus on imports being "fast rides" because they arent.. think about it.. Is it cheaper to make a Ws6 hit 11 seconds or a 95 civic....

back to trucks... Stacey hasnt done a Jeep build up in a while that is up to his capabilities.. and the tomb Raider thing... no comment... basically Jeeps are pretty damn good on their own, a 4 inch, 33x12.50 tires, brush gaurd w/ built in winch.... and nothing will be slowin you down.. I own one and have beat the shizzle out of it... Im thinkin about sending it to him and be like.. here... you build it...

deffinatly one of the best auto shows out there.

the best part is after he finishes a project he takes it out and shows what it was built to do! :thumbsup:

well, i'm new to this site! the owner of that y49 crx is a member on another site that i'm on.

to set things straight for him!!
-he didn't have to pay for anything!! it was FREE.
-he didn't like the yellow tint. he just never got around to get it taken care of!!(i personally wouldn't be caught dead in that crx with yellow tint!!)
-they messed up alot of things on his crx. he's been trying like hell to get things to run right.

when i watch'd the show. i wasn't impress'd with it!! the guy's are a bunch of idiot's. they have no clue of anything. what person in there right mind. re-wires an already obd1 convert'd car. back to obd0!!! idiot's

Holy shit bags, they rewired an already obd1 car back to obd0... and they used avid mounts and linkages.... cheap asses... I think he should get em replaced.

The wheels they used were asshole looking, werent they 17's? God damnit... shows like that piss me off....

I like trucks though and overhualin, whoever said Chip Fooses wheels suck, I think they are bad ass, only because he only makes one set of wheels for that particular car. I wish I could be like chip and draw and sketch and shit....

Trucks! is on badass show. i watch it religiously. i liked Project Crazy Horse. thats a sic ass Bronco. Stacey knows his shit. hes one of the few people on those shows that tells what could go wrong and how to fix it not to mention hes not afraid to cut shit up....LOL. and Tuner Transformation sucks. they dont show you how they did the shit on the cars. fucking idiots...

next show im curious to see: they going to show drifting on Rides on TLC next tuesday evening. this should be interesting to see...

rides really doesnt show anything technical but they dont claim to be a "how to" type of show
its more like a showcase of nice cars, decent show

Trucks is an awesome show. The other one i like is 5th gear, which (i think) just came to speed channel, others like that that i enjoy are car and driver. but when it comes to "modification of vehicles" shows, trucks takes the cake.

Trucks>Overhaulin>chop cut rebuild>rides>tuner gayformation

And PLEASE GOD KILL KAZZER

That dude's show is lame as hell. They try so hard, yet fall so short. IT's something about Canadians and car shows, I guess.

-> Steve

That CRX is a bit f'd. The guy made a post on another Honda fourm.

The car had some issues
-shift linkage, hit center concel
-Engine light
-leaking oil
-gauges temp and gas don't work
-CV shaft where messed
-Motor was hitting the sub frame

He said Altech isn't being cool about the situation.

I would be beyond super pissed if they did that to my car.
I think those shows are just for the RICER crowd.

Back