1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tuning a civic how to go about it

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by 1996cool, Jul 1, 2005.

1. 1996cool

1996cool Junior Member

Im new to this and I have never tuned. what exactly do they do...and how do they do it.....and where should I go to get it tuned. also lets just say I chip my ecu on my own....i have read some people have done this,,,, is this recommended..... and if so can I chip it at home and then take it to get tuned at a place that does tuning. any help appreciated.....for now I only have a hatch 94 with 15in acura rims, headers, 2.5in catback,msd ignition,cold air intake,stage 3 clutch,and some apexi wires,light flywheel, on a 99 D16y8 engine it has some power but I know it can do alittle better at least until I blow it then Ill get a dohc. any advice appreciated.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

you have no mods that warrant tuning, really. you MIGHT get 3 hp. lot of money to spend on tuning/chip burners/laptops and so on for 3 hp.

tuning is both a science and an art.

it takes both knowledge, reaction to an event, and creativity to solve problems.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted