Tuning Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nickg4c

Well, I recently got the free version of Crome, to tune my h22 accord. I have never tuned anything so this is a complete learning experience for me. I'm running a JDM p13, I would like to get the ostrich and do real time programming, but after looking at the ecu's that it supports it didn't list the p13. I did find what are supposed to be stock maps for the h22 for Crome though. Another thing I would like is the 3 step rev limiter, but I cant get the addextrafeatures plugin to work right.

I put something like this on the pgmfi forum, but it's been up for a week and no one said anything, support doesn't seem to be to good there. I know there are a lot of guys on here that use Crome to tune with, so what are your guys’ thoughts about what I should do?

Thanks

Well if you can't get the plugin to work correctly, then get someone you know who knows tuning to tune your shit for ya. I'd say go Uberdata if your Crome isn't working, however all base maps in Crome start out as b series maps so you're redoing it all anyway.

crome doesnt work for the p13. if you really do want to learn its gonna take some work. The stock map for the p13 (the one you probably found on pgmfi.org) is way off. The ignition map is right on, but the fuel map is all kinds of jacked. For some reason the P13 uses a different system for its Fuel maps.

If you want to tune your H22 with crome its gonna require you to get a P28, P30 or a P72.

I have a P28 tuned with crome running my H22 and it works like a charm.

I kinda thought that the fuel maps looked a little off when I compared the low cam to high cam.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the p28 doesn't run the AIB's and the p72 will right?

If I do end up getting a p28 or p72, how close are the stock maps that come in crome, or for that matter the stock maps in the ecu, to what I should be running for the h22?

Right now my p13 runs really rich. I was planning on taking it to the dragstrip mid december, but I'd like to get it tuned first.

yeah, mine ran rich too.

I wish i had a bin of my map, but sadly, my tuner didnt give it to me (more like i forgot to ask).

Neither the P28 nor the P72 maps are close for the h22. And you are right, that P72 can control the IABs. The P28 can do it with some fancy wiring. You can search for try and search for the write up on PGMFI, but i cant remember any of the key words.

What neighborhood do you live in, some of our members might be able to recommend someone to get a map from.

I live in Gilbert Arizona, but I'll go to anywhere on the East side of Phoenix pretty much. Guess I'll end up getting a p72 then. I gave a import shop around here a call the other day, and they didn't even want to tune it because it wasn't turbo. I plan on going turbo in about a year or so, but I at least want my car tuned now and learn how to tune it, so I can do it myself once it is turboed. If there is anyone who lives in the Phoenix area and knows how to tune a p72 with crome let me know I'll be glad to pay you.

crazy...i actually have quite a few friends in gilbert. Too bad none of them are car guys.

Back