tuning d16Z6 with turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Genamel12

I have a stock d16z6 on a 94 civic ex. Im planning to put a turbo kit and bigger injectors on it. i still dont know what to tune it with. Either chipped ecu (skunk2 or crome) or hondata (so i can upgrade later). This is also gonna be a daily driver. Or can i jus put a boost controller on it. plz help, kinda a newb ques?

well, a boost controller has nothing to do with a tune really. a boost controller allows you to run a higher pressure than allowed by the spring inside the wastegate.

to answer your question, CROME is one of the more common tuning programs out there. its free, and most tuners are familiar with it. i would go with that if i were you.

hondata is an option,but its rather expensive, and i dont know many people that will tune with it. your area might be a little different though.

i ran my d16z6 vatara build crx on crome 26psi all the time! and i loved it. i raced it at 30psi i would do crome it actually ran good and had no street problems.

a z6 can take 8psi all day. 12psi if u have a mls head gasket and arp studs. thats around 240whp witch is actually pretty fast for a street driven car.

Back