1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuning in NW Washington?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Fernpatch, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Fernpatch

Fernpatch Member

I am wondering if anyone knows of a good tuner in Northwest Washington? I have heard about some good people in spokane but I really would like to avoid a 5 or 6 hour drive up and over the mountains do get my car tuned. The only place around here that I have seen is MPS. I have not gone in and checked them out yet and don't know if they will even tune a honda let alone do a good job. If anyone has a recomendation I would be grateful.

2. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

what are you getting tuned?

3. Fernpatch

Fernpatch Member

For now my high compression (10.2:1) zc dohc. I am running it on 92 octane and stock timing for now. I have not noticed any pinging but with the higher compression I think that there could be some more power and possibly a little more safety in a good tune.

4. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

what is stock compression on that? I don't think it's that high. if you are going to tune it, you should have either more mods or higher compression.

anyways, to answer your question.

option 1:
    speedfactory
    SPEEDFACTORY

option 2:
    in-tec racing
    New Intecracing

5. Fernpatch

Fernpatch Member

The motor was 9.5:1 stock. The head was milled and I also installed a thin head gasket raising the compression ratio to 10.2:1. The intake and exhaust ports have been polished. The intake manifold ports have been polished. The Engine has a 4-2-1 header with a test pipe and full 2.25in exhaust with magnaflow mufflers. I also have a CAI with a custom built ram air chamber. Does anyone think this is worth dyno tuning should I just stick with the "mugen" chipped pm6 that I have now?

6. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

"F" a pre-made chip.

i would get tuning because i hate pre-made ebay crap. you might get some decent gains, but those motors dont' make much power n/a. if you get a good tune, you might see power similar to a d16z6. but if i was you, i would get a small tune. it shoudl be cheap since it's low power and n/a.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted