Tuning in NW Washington?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Fernpatch

I am wondering if anyone knows of a good tuner in Northwest Washington? I have heard about some good people in spokane but I really would like to avoid a 5 or 6 hour drive up and over the mountains do get my car tuned. The only place around here that I have seen is MPS. I have not gone in and checked them out yet and don't know if they will even tune a honda let alone do a good job. If anyone has a recomendation I would be grateful.

For now my high compression (10.2:1) zc dohc. I am running it on 92 octane and stock timing for now. I have not noticed any pinging but with the higher compression I think that there could be some more power and possibly a little more safety in a good tune.

what is stock compression on that? I don't think it's that high. if you are going to tune it, you should have either more mods or higher compression.

anyways, to answer your question.

option 1:
speedfactory
SPEEDFACTORY

option 2:
in-tec racing
New Intecracing

The motor was 9.5:1 stock. The head was milled and I also installed a thin head gasket raising the compression ratio to 10.2:1. The intake and exhaust ports have been polished. The intake manifold ports have been polished. The Engine has a 4-2-1 header with a test pipe and full 2.25in exhaust with magnaflow mufflers. I also have a CAI with a custom built ram air chamber. Does anyone think this is worth dyno tuning should I just stick with the "mugen" chipped pm6 that I have now?

"F" a pre-made chip.

i would get tuning because i hate pre-made ebay crap. you might get some decent gains, but those motors dont' make much power n/a. if you get a good tune, you might see power similar to a d16z6. but if i was you, i would get a small tune. it shoudl be cheap since it's low power and n/a.

Back