Tuning options for the S14

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
Okay so after I'm out next year and the 240 is payed off, me and my brand new career self will have ample money and time to spend on mah 240 project. Problem is I know dick about them :(. So if Imay I have some quick "gee-whiz" questions in a act to broden my knowledge pool.

1. Does my automatic S14 already have the brackets for the clutch welded in or will that be a problem I'll have to address?

2. How difficult is an RB25DET swap anyways? (B sugested it)

3. Can the RB25SET be bored for more displacent like a B18 can, if yes how much? It is a closed deck block isn't it?

4. How much boost can the stock RB25DET block handle, how much can the head handle?

5. Finally, is there anything else I missed that would be interesting? Maybe you got some links I dunno.

Oh and the SI is still for sale B)

Originally posted by Silverchild79@May 10 2004, 05:12 PM
1. Does my automatic S14 already have the brackets for the clutch welded in or will that be a problem I'll have to address?

2. How difficult is an RB25DET swap anyways? (B sugested it)

3. Can the RB25SET be bored for more displacent like a B18 can, if yes how much? It is a closed deck block isn't it?

4. How much boost can the stock RB25DET block handle, how much can the head handle?

5. Finally, is there anything else I missed that would be interesting? Maybe you got some links I dunno.

Oh and the SI is still for sale B)

1- i doubt it, but can't be sure. you're going to have to do the same shit you would on a civic. why the f did you buy an auto :bash:

2- if you're asking this question, this swap isn't for you

3- every motor can be bored... but why? you can easily make 600+ hp wihtouteven touching internals on it... 800+ with internals, at stock bore.

4- if you're asking this question, you need to do more reading about turbos and how meaningless psi is.

5- raed the FI forum here, read freshalloy.com read nissaninfiniticlub.com

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 10 2004, 04:48 PM
2- if you're asking this question, this swap isn't for you

fair enough but can I remind you I fix $80,000,000 planes for a living? I've yet to do one but I'm sure there isn't much an engine swap can through at me that my background wouldn't handle. I was just trying to gauge the difficulty level of the swap.

its not a bolt in deal.

there are mount kits now, but there are still no perfect wiring soloutions.

nissans aren't liek honds. they use 1 huge harness. not a seperate enging and chassis harness.

so, either you re-wire your entire car- im talking cluster to rear tail lights and run the rb, or you have no lights/etc and have an rb, or you have lights/power but no rb.

and that would be some of that "interesting stuff" I was refuring to. That in itself won't be a big problem, I'm good with electronics but I know people who are great with them. Mount kits are nothing a little cash won't fix. Why did you care if I had an auto of a man, the RB won't link with the KA manual tranny will it?

Swap your pistons out for some low cr ones do some internal work and bolt on a turbo kit and have fun with your turbo charged k-motor.

bah, fuck the KA. fuckin garabge.

the rb won't bolt to a k or sr and vice versa.
think:

k24 = d15
sr20 = b18c
rb25 = h22

nothing fits on the other things for the most part. the same is true for nissan.

due to the rwd design of the nissan, doing the manual conversion is more indepth than a honda auto-> manual. depending on what you end up with, you may have to re-design your entire center console and do some drilling.
check out these guys: http://mckinneymotorsports.com/sale.php

no offense to you B on this one... but i think your a little off.... not in the fact of it being a difficult task to swap in the rb... but seriously.....

Silver get an sr20det and call it a day. Seriously on this one man... you probably arent going to have the money to produce the 600+ hp that you could out of a rb.... and parts for a sr are a lot cheaper and easier to come by.

-Aaron..... yea i know what im talking about.

a bone stock bottom end DET can make over 500whp with cams, head studs, good tuning, and a good kit. if you want to build your own turbo motor, then you could also buy a RWD NA SR20DE (no T), they are cheap. upgrade the rods/pistons/cams and you will make power. oh, and the SR can make as much power the RB25DET...the other RB is a different story.

Back