Tuning ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
So, i had my car on jack stands today looking for a coolant leak (something that only leaks while the engine is off, not while its running...wierd i know) and while i was warming up the engine, i noticed the wheels spinning and thought, HEY, Can i tune like that?

Basically, im asking if i need load to tune, or can i actually bring my pipe dream into reality?

I think you need load; because with out it your map will be really lean(remember it doesnt take much fuel/power to get the wheels spinning, but its going to take more fuel to spin dyno drums or the car itself). I hope you can comprehend what I just said; if not I'll rephrase.

lol...yeah..i will, just need to have coolant in my system to tune my car.

I cannot find that damn leak. its starting on the passenger side and them moving across the back of the engine to the drivers side and then running down some coolant line and then falling onto the drivers axle and onto the ground. oh well, im replacing the steering rack and bushings next weekend, i guess i can just pull the engine too and see what that damn shop did. i noticed not 1, but THREE plugs unplugged. WHOA buddy did i wanna kill someone on friday.

cmon, you know you wanna throw a better-than-stock tune on the subbie....but then id have to buy a 4-wheel dyno.

Back