1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tunning advice

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by friz, May 25, 2005.

1. friz

friz Senior Member

I will be using a converted P06. want to keep my P30 virgin. I wnt to be able to do all the tunning myself with a wide band O2. I am looking at Uber and Chrome as possibilities for the software. If any of you have tunned this way I would love to hear your experiences. I have acouple of questions that I need answered before I buy hardware. If I do chrome with RTP do I still need a romulator? What brand of wideband is recommended for use with crome and uber? Will I be able to remove the wideband after the chip is burned?

I could come up with some more but I will stop here.

Thanks, Friz

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

crome (no H!!!) and uberdata bothe rsupport real-time programming-- but they are NOT romulators. you will still need an xtronics romulator or that ostrich thing (which i have no experience with). do you need this, no.
    basically, it saves you the hassel of making a change, burning a new chip, plugging the chip in the ecu. it basically acts as a dynamic chip, if you will. you just publish down the romulator through the software to resemble a chip. the ecu doesn't know the difference, and the car doesn't need to be rebooted/turned off/on. in the long run, with out a romulator, you're going to quadruple your tuning time, hate life, and wish you just spent the money on it in the first place. its such a pain in the ass to burn a chip every 2 min when you make a change.

the po6- i wouldn't use it. sure, it can be done, but its a pain... and you gotta get vtec working... and blah blah... and to me, its just not worth it. just score a p28 and chip that. hell, you can get them socketed for about 110 bucks all day.

wideband. just about anything will work.
    there's 2 ways to use the wideband.

1- as a part of the car/ems
    2- as a tuning tool only.

basically, you either use the widebnad as your o2, or you simply weld in another bung to the downpipe and use it as a gauge. you don't HAVE to connect it to your ecu.

if you plan to running it as in #1, i'd go with plx.
    if you want it for a portable tuning device, i'd get the inovative

looks like you want #2 anyway...
    http://www.modernperformance.com/all/innov...e_wide_02.shtml

3. friz

friz Senior Member

Thanks, Sol

Can't wait to get started. I am looking forward to the ecu mods. I don't mind soldering on pc boards. So I guess the RTP board doesn't take the place of a romulator. Dang. Oh well whats a $175.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted