Turbo 5th Gen Prelude?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turtl631

How well do preludes respond to boost? I've been considering building a turbo integra ls up to about 250-275 whp, but now im considering a lude too. How much power would i have to make on the lude to make up for the extra weight? that is, what whp figure on a lude would be about as fast/streetable as a 275 whp teg ls? how would cost to build compare between these 2 cars? what turbo would be a good match for the lude and my power goal (again, similar to the teg: fast, but still streetable and sorta dependable, when the block's built)? thanks!

the LS is a better choice in my opinion. there isn't shit for h22 parts when it comes to turbo. there's a few kits, but thats about it.

i thought if you put together your own turbo setup its easier to find stuff for your car because you can get custom tubing and stuff...no? i figured the lude would be more difficult to turbo, and also more expensive and heavy, but i was just curious, and i do like their looks stock :) not a big fan of body kits at all. so scratch the turbo lude? ill take your word for it sol. youre full of great info, thanks for taking the time to reply to my stupid noob questions! :worthy: pissedoffsol

there's like 2 companies that make an h22 manifold. 1 that makes an h23 manifold that i know of.

basically, there ARE parts, but the selection is highly limited. It has been my finding that the market for the b-series is 3 times that of the H series.

that said, its your money and your choice of car.... but if i were thinking boost, and thinking between the lude and the LS, id go with the gsr :) err, LS

wow, i didnt know parts were that limited. ludes are more expensive in the first place so ill stick with the teg ls. thanks sol!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 26 2003, 11:36 PM
there's like 2 companies that make an h22 manifold. 1 that makes an h23 manifold that i know of.

basically, there ARE parts, but the selection is highly limited. It has been my finding that the market for the b-series is 3 times that of the H series.

that said, its your money and your choice of car.... but if i were thinking boost, and thinking between the lude and the LS, id go with the gsr :) err, LS

actually there are alot more parts available for the h22...i can think of 5 manifolds off hand (maxrev, revhard, f-max, drag, sfp) i know there is more anyways....
pretty much anything you can get for a bseries motor you can get for an hseries....just my two cents

Originally posted by d98clturbo@Jun 3 2003, 09:22 AM

pretty much anything you can get for a bseries motor you can get for an hseries....just my two cents

It took me 4 months to get my T4 manifold from Revhard when I was building my turbo lude so I speek from experience when I say the market is more favorable to B series engines.

On anther note, if you plan on going turbo prelude, a custom kit is the only way to go. With a built H22, stand alone ECU, injectors, FPR, proper sized turbo etc.., you can get between 330whp and 360whp on just 10lbs boost (pump gas) with STOCK cams and good tuning. What's tight about turbo preludes is that you don't need to change the cams to make big numbers. I don't have much experience with tegs so I can't say how much whp you can get on 10lbs boost with them.

thats incredible sol, i just rode in my friend's stock gsr yesterday and that pulled hard compared to the crap im used to driving!

it probably wont happen at 10 psi, but it would be nice :) i'm really shooting for a total output of 500 whp at under 20 psi

4 questions:
first, precision has 2 sc34's. which one should i get?
second, i know now that psi has little to do with blowing engines, but to hit about 250+ whp on an ls, how many psi would the sc34 be pushing?
third, what are some good companies to look into for building the block for the sc34 ls (rods, pistons, valvetrain, really, wtf do i need to be reliable [besides hondata])?
fourth, will i need higher flow injectors and/or fuel pump for my application?

Thanks sol, you're the man. good luck with that gsr, im sure it will be BADASS!

If you check out our website (www.MaxRev.com), there is a dyno graph of a H22 running our equal length manifold setup with a FMU and super AFC putting down 318 at the wheels. If you have any questions, e-mail me at sales@maxrev.com.

Back