Turbo 91 CRX HF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am Planing to drop a b20bvtec turbo into my crx which requires alot of funds, and I wanted to know what would be best bang for the buck and fastest set up for my crx untill I scrounged enough Money for the b20 swap. I heard alot of good things about a head swap with ecu, dizzy,intakemani,and tranny swap for hf to bump the compression higher for power which i heard was around 100-115 whp and times of high14s-low 15s, but I wanted to know if completely swaping a d16y8 would be easier than the mini me on the hf and less parts to buy(just a whole motor swap)?, and i dont know anything about turbocharging a crx hf, never heard of it before, so if anyone can help or if one you the swap gods can help me decide which overall is good for a quick motor to roll around with.

thanks,

if your motor runs now, use that. why waste money and time on a swap that wont be worth a damn. just save for the beastly b20vtec/t, you'll need every penny to do the swap properly.

ive seen too many d16y8's spin bearings and throw rods...if your gonna swap just get either a d16z6, dohc zc or even a a6 just for something better then driving a very slow car oh and be sure to change the tranny cause hf tranny gears are way too long.

Well i wanna swap something that would give me a zippy car untill can Fund the B20b/vtec/turbo. But i also want something that wouldn't put a huge dent into my B20b/vtec/turbo's funds. I heard dx head swap on CRX HF can put me in the High 14s is that completely true? i read it on hondaswap.com. I need something like that, Something that would be cheap to get me into the 14s but not cost a whole lot

it wont get you into high 14s probably mid 15s why dont you just put the b20 in for now that will get you to high 14s and then do the vtec and turbo later on

Brett

Back