turbo 91 integra sir b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

R.E.Developement

Import King of Irvington
i want to put a drag turbo on my b16 motor my friend has a gsr motor and he double stacked his head gaskets on his motor and is now running 12 psi's instead of 7psi. is that a smart idea. if so can i double stack two turbo head gaskets. or i should be on the safe side and spend the money and just get one turbo head gasket. :unsure:

i would not recommend it because the gasket will not sit right and a friend of mine bought a thicker head gasket to lower his compression but didnt realize that he needed longer head bolt and he ended up stripping the block. something to think about
by the way why would you want to buy two 90 somthing dollar head gasket when you could buy a thicker head gasket for the same price.

you don't need a thicker headgasket. a thicker head gasket doesn't allow you to run more boost- TUNING YOUR FUEL DELIVERY does.

thicker head gasket = lower compression = less hosepower

really, thats what it does. lower compression reduces some heat, and heat = detonation. detonation can be solved by proper intercooling, and proper fuel delivery.

running 2 gaskets as one is stupid IMO. you're more apt to not have the head sit right and blow the gaskets, all the while, your car is slower.

fuel is key. people boost itr motors at 11:1 compression successfully.

as for your friend, i bet if he an 1 head gasket, and ran 10 psi, he would make more power than he is at 12.

Back