1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo Accord?

Discussion in 'Accord' started by 94tuner, Feb 11, 2010.

1. 94tuner

94tuner New Member

Hey i need advice on putting a turbo on my 94 accord f22b1 vtec. Im on a tight budget and i want to boost hp. I already have the basic upgrades (cold air, cat-back) I first thought about a swaping for a h23 but realized i would probably just be wasting my time. Then i looked into a h22 but realized its kinda pricey so now im wondering if i should put a turbo in. Any advice?

2. chadcharb

chadcharb Well-Known Member VIP

you need to be more specific about your tight budget

3. 94tuner

94tuner New Member

well i saw that a h22 with all the swap parts would run about 3k but im not looking for anything crazy fast maybe 180 to 210hp. I was just wondering how much an ok turbo would cost and if it would be worth it

4. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Depends if you're looking to do it right, or if you're willing to save money by putting a hackjob on your car and living with your car being unreliable.

In your position, I would save money and start with the H22 swap. It will respond better to bolt-ons anyway, and be more reliable than a cheaply built turbo F22

5. 94tuner

94tuner New Member

ok what would i need to do a h22 swap?

6. GlassHeadlights

GlassHeadlights West West Yall

Its really simple actually, you just need to search it up. It's been done countless times.

7. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

You basically just need the motor and the ECU. If you want to swap over to the Prelude's transmission as well, you can, and you'll get better gear ratios, but it's not a necessity. You can bolt up an H22 to the Accord's transmission. You can reuse the stock mounts as well...

8. 94tuner

94tuner New Member

9. jdmwagonman

jdmwagonman New Member

i have a nicely built h22 around 275hp motor nd tranny ill take 2900 for it has 31000 miles on it its in my accord wagon right knw im in the process of doin a euro type r h22 in it so its just going to b sitting in the garage so leme knw

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted