Turbo and A/C?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

friz

Have looked at tubo setups and have noticed that most of them would interfere with the condensor coil of the A/C. I would eventually like to go with a turbo but I can't give up A/C. Is this true or am I mistaken.

Some kits work with A/C, some do not. It is more a question of the downpipe clearing the compressor than anything else (like IC piping getting in the way of the condenser coil).

If you are building a custom kit, you just need to know if the manifold will allow you enough room to clear the compressor. You kind of want a little distance, as 1500*F exhaust gas has a way of messing up your A/C.

I live in Florida and I deal without A/C. Go a week without it and you'd be surprised.

Thanks for the info. I think i will be piecing one together. Just found uberdata this is sooo cool cant wait to get the p30 with my swap to chip it. I want to set up my fuel managment first then once I get that figured out go for the turbo.

Thanks again, every one here has been so helpful.

Back