1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo and A/C?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by friz, Oct 24, 2004.

1. friz

friz Senior Member

Have looked at tubo setups and have noticed that most of them would interfere with the condensor coil of the A/C. I would eventually like to go with a turbo but I can't give up A/C. Is this true or am I mistaken.

2. [Freemantle]

[Freemantle] Senior Member

Some kits work with A/C, some do not. It is more a question of the downpipe clearing the compressor than anything else (like IC piping getting in the way of the condenser coil).

If you are building a custom kit, you just need to know if the manifold will allow you enough room to clear the compressor. You kind of want a little distance, as 1500*F exhaust gas has a way of messing up your A/C.

I live in Florida and I deal without A/C. Go a week without it and you'd be surprised.

3. friz

friz Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I think i will be piecing one together. Just found uberdata this is sooo cool cant wait to get the p30 with my swap to chip it. I want to set up my fuel managment first then once I get that figured out go for the turbo.

Thanks again, every one here has been so helpful.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted