TURBO AND NOS?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

white_lightning

I'm looking at buying a Honda CRX Si and it has to run 12's on a budget so im wondering if a turbo and nitrous would do the job? i heard that its not safe to use nitrous with turbo cars. what other modifications may be needed? I'm not worried about top speed I just want it to run the quarter mile in 12's or less.

"I WILL GIVE YOU 12's MY SON" <<*waives magic wand*>>

"I WILL ALSO GIVE YOU TURBO AND NAWWS" <<*waives magic wand again*>>

just click your heels 3 times and say theres no place like home and you'll run 12's

spend your $ on a engine, not turbo and nawws. you will throw a piston through your hood if you use enough boost to run 12's on low budget.

12s on the stock d16a6??? on a budget?

it might happen... once or twice... but don't expect it to last long.

and using n20 (not NOS) is not bad with a turbo- it just neesd to be tuned properly. on a budget, that isn't happening.

if you want to run 12s for cheap, get a fox body mustnag and throw a 150 shot on it.

So, what performance parts you suggest to run the fastest possible time? Would it be worth it to change engines? It mainly needs to be fast enough to pull up next to a mustang sleeper style and blow his doors off. any advice is helpful.

well...just get a B20 swap, and turbo it, and you might be in the 12's with a CRX on slicks.

other than that ***>>>wave that wand<<<***

I bet it could, gutted 1700lb CRX with slicks, and the D series with poor mans 14b turbo kit wiht the starion intercooler which costs like 400 to put together with the HF stock manifold.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 22 2003, 09:15 AM
12s on the stock d16a6??? on a budget?

it might happen... once or twice... but don't expect it to last long.

and using n20 (not NOS) is not bad with a turbo- it just neesd to be tuned properly. on a budget, that isn't happening.

if you want to run 12s for cheap, get a fox body mustnag and throw a 150 shot on it.

Honda's are the wrong cars to try and get cheap performance out of - you'd get much more power per dollar out of that 800$ v8 camaro from the junkyard than you would from a honda.

i smell noob. you cant just jump into building cars with no experience or know-how. read up and learn something first. id say you dont know the first thing about anything, so focus first on buying a car.

I have an engine for sale that is a b18c1 with type R tranny and manifold which is nos ready and will do 12 in a civic for $4k installed.

All of the internals in this engine are redone with titanium. Let me know if you are interested.

A b18c1 is an engine that comes from an Integra GSR. It has 170 hp stock. This engine I am offering however has 225 whp!

If you want to go the cheapest way, and it still isint cheap id go with a zc turbo. Once you include the word turbo its never cheap.12s might be asking a little to much when you are straped for cash man.

If you want to run 12s for cheap, buy a 1G DSM (Eclipse, Talon), put a boost controller, exhaust, a fuel pump, and a 16G turbo on it..... run 12s and break down every 400 miles.

Back