turbo b18c w/ stock internals...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

how long can i run a stock motor, like a jdm b18c gs-r, with a t3 turbo? i plan to just leave the boost at 6-7 psi when cuising around and maybe 8-9 psi when at the track. i dont tend to make 250-300 whp with a stock block because if i try, i kno i wont have a motor for long. when i get the turbo, i wont have much funds left to built the block until a while. i will definitely have to save up again. so now that you know my condiition, howl long do you think i could drive a stock motor with a turbo?

6-7 psi will be fine, as long as it's got the proper fuel delivery and is tuned correctly.

Depends on how hard you drive the car and how often. As James(revolution8k) mentioned already, with good fuel management, an engine management system and good conservative tune, your motor should last you a good while.

make sure you get a BIG A/R... think .63 .82 or maybe even 1flat if you're going to use a T3. The GSR puts out too much exhaust - your WG will be open so much of the time otherwise...

If you have good fuel management and tuning you could make 250-300whp and your car would be realiable and last long. I would also look into getting a bigger turbo than a T3. 6-7 psi daily with a T3 turbo on a GSR motor is pussy, I am running more than that on my stock d-series and have been for 7 months.

precision SC-61

run 6-7 psi and still flow enough CFM to make 250-300 hp :)

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Sep 7 2004, 10:16 PM
precision SC-61

run 6-7 psi and still flow enough CFM to make 250-300 hp :)

yeah, that would be arguably just as retarded as a T3. SC61 is not designed for low boost. Look at the fucking compressor maps. On a stock GSR, a smaller turbo would produce a much larger usable powerband.

Sarcasm doesn't carry over to black and white text on a web board very well, jackass. Dude obviously doesn't know how to read a compressor map or he wouldn't be using a str8 T3 on a GSR. Your comment would have been entirely missed (and probably mistaken for genuine advice / hype) by the topic's starter.

Use zee noggin so you don't come off sounding retarded without [retard voice][/retard]

ill = bad
matched = connected or something.

so, no. its not a good idea. leave the t3's for motors that:
A- don't rev high
B- don't have much displacement
C- say d16z6 on the block

:)

Back