turbo b20 vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

td-civ

i am doing a b20 vtec on boost the bottom end is biult but im using the stock sleeves with a block guard i have a safc and a inline pump and a full msd setup and im going to us dsm 450's

how much boost do you think i can run :thumbsup:

depends on what "built" means - all forged internals?
either way, stay a little on the safe side, you may not make huge power but at least it'll stay alive.

mildly built should be good for 15 psi and still live a long life.

15 psi if you are going to leave it with the stock sleeves but don't leave it at 15 psi if you are just driving around town lower it to like 8 psi then push it up when you are going to race

low boost setting - 7psi
medium boost setting - 12psi
high boost setting "race fuel and track" - 15psi

that is what I would stick to..

the motor has je pistons and crower rods block guard and the head is p&p and im using arp head studs and i will be running gsr cams soon

thanks for your help i was thinking of running 6 psi on the street and 15 on the track sweet 12's here i come

I just completed a similar setup , I'm in the process of installing a Z10 crankcase breather. Can anyone tell me what size allen key to use on the 2 allen screws on the back of the motor, to remove them.

Originally posted by td-civ@Jul 28 2004, 01:41 AM
why you want to do that
[post=369171]Quoted post[/post]​

Disregard that post I got the answer, it's a 14mm allen key . From my research plus the fact that I see most ppl with B20 swaps doing it , u need the kit to relieve some of the pressure from the crank case. check this link out http://www.theoldone.com/

Back