1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

turbo b20b

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by jdmekay, Jan 13, 2010.

1. jdmekay

jdmekay New Member

hello iam new to this site and would like to no for a stock b20b motor what turbo kit would b good and reliable
  2. Matts96HB

Matts96HB Supah Moderatah Moderator

3. jdmekay

jdmekay New Member

thank you and no i do not this would actually be my first turbo charged car
  4. Matts96HB

then id recommend buying a kit that is already pieced together, itll make your life a whole lot easier.
    youre still going to need a few things aside from that kit, but its very complete in terms of the turbo setup
  5. jdmekay

jdmekay New Member

now i have done some research on other forums and i seen that this isnt such a good idea becasue of the cylinder walls in the b20 there very weak how reliable do u think a stock b20b with a bolt on turbo good tune and like 10psi pushin around 250 maybee be?
  6. Matts96HB

stock b20b on 250whp is pushing it
    the tune had better be really good. its not the sleeves you have to worry about at 250whp, its the pistons and rods
  7. jdmekay

jdmekay New Member

200hp? 210? stock?
  8. Matts96HB

200whp would be a decent number on stock internals
    itd be fairly safe and reliable dependent upon the tune of course
  9. Pvtjoker122

Pvtjoker122 New Member

Media:
    I recommend NOT buying a Peakboost kit. I bought the b-series ftw kit last year around May timeframe, and I am still waiting on a few parts....they sent parts to the wrong address twice. I don't doubt that they make good quality parts, but they are way too slow with processing and shipping. Also, that kit is not worth what they're asking now, mine was actually a little bit cheaper, I bought the kit when it was $2800. You can get one of those xspower kits for about $600. I had a b20b in my 97 coupe and made about 215whp on 8psi with an xspower kit, but I wouldn't use their manifolds.
  10. Matts96HB

my advice is to stay away from ebay turbo kits, but to each his own
  11. Pvtjoker122

Pvtjoker122 New Member

Media:
    Yea, well, piecing one together isn't a bad option either, it's just a matter of getting the right flanges, getting piping to match up etc. I'm sure you can find a place to make some custom piping for you too.