turbo blown oil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

honda801

:confused:i just installed a used turbo and on start up,oil spewed everywhere i was in the driver seat but from what i can tell it is coming out the exhaust side. i dont have my downpipe hooked up yet so it was pretty obvious where it was coming from. has any one else had this problem and what do i do.

got any shaft play?

turbo seals blown?

did you pipe it correctly? :lol:

Was it really necessary to bump your thread twice in 16 minutes?

Double check your work. Ensure everything is fit together correctly and eliminate what you can. We aren't there. We can't see what's going on, so we can only theorize what's happening.

every thing is hooked up right, the guy i bought it from said it needs a restrictor line hooked up, i know ball bearings need restrictor but this isnt a ball beaaring.

oh yeah no shaft play and it is piped right i think any idiodt could do that, on question what is the port coming out the top of the turbine and where does it go?

If its an E-gay turbo, they quite often need restrictors as well. Full oil pressure tends to blow their seals out. Also, if its an internally gated turbo, I believe the line on the intake housing is used as a reference for the waste gate, could be wrong tho.

its a garret gt40, and i installed bigger return line and it slowed it down. now i think i need a restrictor, but i thought you only need those if its ball bearing?

the bigger drain and reclocking it worked great, no more oil. does any one know of any b-series turbo vacuum diagrams? i have searched everywhere and cant come up with anything. i just want to know the best places to connect everything (bov,wastegate,fuel pressure reg., elec. boost controller, guage).

Back