Turbo build b20vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FLounder

power hungry
VIP
As many of you know, i had a jrsc setup on my b20vtec for a while.... It is sold, and I am piecing together a turbo kit now. This thread will document the gathering of parts, build up, and tuning. Going for at least 400whp :ph34r:

so far all i have is the Master Power 60.5mm T3/T4 turbo, Fabworx ramhorn manifold, and a Precision intercooler... but i have more parts in the mail coming soon.

newturbo.jpg

did you sell ur whole motor?? or just the JRSC?

sold just the supercharger.

the motor is definitely boost ready. the compression ratio should be somewhere in the high 9s area, so perfect for turbo. it has CP pistons, eagle rods, ACL race bearings, all ARP hardware and studs, blox A cams, buddy club cam gears, Crower springs and retainers, 3 bar map sensor, etc.. i have just under 1500 miles on it.

i have been putting together a beast of a turbo kit :D only need injectors and some other small details.... and a lot of work to put it all together, welded, etc. shouldnt be long though, couple more weeks at most.

heres a sneak peek...

turbo001.jpg

lookin good mang, definitely excited to see the results on this one. youre going to love turbo.

id recommend a catch can while youre at it..

thanks! ill add a catch can, i just want to get it to running condition so that is not a priority atm.

well, let me just say that a catch can might help reassure that things keep running properly..

possible to push seals out of the bottom end etc if you dont relieve that positive crankcase pressure.

the turbo is on, everything is fully assembled running on a basemap for now. unfortunately tuning wont be for a week. here are the first pictures, sorry they are cell phone pics.

tomsturbopix3.jpg

tomsturbopix2.jpg

tomsturbopix1.jpg

tomsturbopix5.jpg

tomsturbopix4.jpg

was supposed to go for tuning today, but its kinda up in the air at the moment... if i do go, ill definitely bring the camera!

did a compression test this morning just for the hell of it. all 4 cylinders are dead even at 200 psi, so i am very happy.

and here are some new pics now that shes all clean :D

turboteg1024.jpg

turboteg1026.jpg

turboteg1012.jpg

turboteg1008.jpg

turboteg1006.jpg

turboteg1004.jpg

turboteg1003.jpg

turboteg1002.jpg

turboteg1028.jpg

turboteg002.jpg

I'm pretty sure I just jizzed in my pants... just sayin...

I love the look of white teg's and that one has got to be one of the cleanest I've ever seen, good work on the setup man!

i just found the definition of sexy in the form of an integra

Back