Turbo build b20vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thanks guys! i really appreciate it. this car finally is the dream car that ive had in the back of my head since 1998, way back when i got my first integra.

looking like the dyno will be this tuesday coming up. will take pics and vids :thumbsup:

sweetness.. cant wait to see the outcome.. videos are a must.. lol

Who'd you get to weld the WG flange on the manifold? Helen Keller???

Seriously, a fucking IMMACULATE, clean-ass, badass car/motor/build....and a big fuckin' chunk of bubblegum weld right out there in the middle of it. What gives?!??

Dyno this morning. Things did not go as well as i had hoped.... Im having a problem with the car running hot. Only noticeable when on the highway for a while or on the dyno under boost. The crappy radiator fan is probably part of the problem. But it seems that my headgasket might be leaking slightly, because the temp goes up when the boost comes in
smiley6.gif

We did do some pulls and cleaned up the AF ratio so that the car is definitely running nice now. but we just left it at 8 psi for now and didnt try to add timing or adjust cams or anything. figured it wasnt worth trying to fine tune it at only 8 psi and with a possible bad headgasket. that being said the car runs good and is fun to drive, boost comes on like a ton of bricks. even the tuner said it was unusually responsive and that boost came really suddenly.

she put down 280hp/212tq at 8lbs, half-tuned. i cant wait to see what numbers it will put down at 15-20lbs and after really working on the tune. for now i have some work to do....

heres a couple pics:

dyno10-30-10008.jpg

dyno10-30-10001.jpg

dyno10-30-10011.jpg

Last edited:
pretty decent numbers for 8lbs. excited to see what this thing is going to do on 15-20 as well.

im still needing to get mine tuned on moar boost! but theres always little issues, you'll learn this ;)

new radiator, fan, and shroud... no more over heating :) also put on a new timing belt since it was damaged, and installed a boost controller.

so... is it normal to not have any traction in 3rd, even from a roll and with brand new tires?? its going to get crazy when i go up another 100whp hehehe.

surprised no one was yapping about "how bad the sleeves are in a b20"

nice build man!

Hey man I was wondering if I could get specific info on your build. I recently did a fully built high compression all motor gsr and dicided no boost is gay as fuck so decided to trade the car for a b20vtec turbo. A few things I was looking into was AEM Water/Methanol injection to cool down the cylinders, an oil catch can to relieve pressure on the crank case and probably gonna have to do forged pistons and good rods. But with all that said I just wanted to know what components your running and know how your liking your build also it came with log style manifold and was looking at getting a ram horn so any ways if you got time just hit me up

surprised no one was yapping about "how bad the sleeves are in a b20"

nice build man!

well, as it turns out, the b20 sleeves were crap and gave out at only 300whp. the motor is in pieces right now, but it will be better than ever in the next few weeks. also, a new look for the car is coming too :cool:

Ya, that will happen. I did a similar build in my EK only I had a stock block B20 and was pushing somewhere around 14psi when it finally popped. Cracked every cylinder wall. I took it apart, had it sleeved, installed Wiseco pistons & Eagle H beams @ 8.8:1 compression (with B16 head), block girdle, and never looked back. That block is bad ass once you put good sleeves in it. I also upgraded to a Garrett GT3076R with an equal length header. Using the Hondata system, put down 384hp/296tq at the wheels. That was on a "safe" tune with 91 octane. On the same tune with 109 octane, I'm boosting just over 20psi all day. It is fun! Traction does suck in 1st & 2nd, but what are you gona do?

I think some one said it before in this thread, and they were right. You have to get rid of the crank case pressure! Once I started boosting over 14psi, I started blowing out seals. Mainly in my turbo. Thats when I upgraded from the t3/t4 to the 3076R. I am running 2 Endyn breather cans. One for the block and one for the head. Makes a world of difference and it looks cool on the dyno when smoke is coming out of the top of the cans. I would attach some pics, but I can't figure out how................me dumb.

Ya, that will happen. I did a similar build in my EK only I had a stock block B20 and was pushing somewhere around 14psi when it finally popped. Cracked every cylinder wall. I took it apart, had it sleeved, installed Wiseco pistons & Eagle H beams @ 8.8:1 compression (with B16 head), block girdle, and never looked back. That block is bad ass once you put good sleeves in it. I also upgraded to a Garrett GT3076R with an equal length header. Using the Hondata system, put down 384hp/296tq at the wheels. That was on a "safe" tune with 91 octane. On the same tune with 109 octane, I'm boosting just over 20psi all day. It is fun! Traction does suck in 1st & 2nd, but what are you gona do?

I think some one said it before in this thread, and they were right. You have to get rid of the crank case pressure! Once I started boosting over 14psi, I started blowing out seals. Mainly in my turbo. Thats when I upgraded from the t3/t4 to the 3076R. I am running 2 Endyn breather cans. One for the block and one for the head. Makes a world of difference and it looks cool on the dyno when smoke is coming out of the top of the cans. I would attach some pics, but I can't figure out how................me dumb.

once you have 15 posts you can, and once youre able to, you should post up a build thread :thumbsup:

O.K. Thanks for the heads up. I will throw some pics up when I can...................

this thing is going to be a beast when its done... its just taking a little longer than i had hoped. the block is getting sleeved right back to 84.5mm and im reusing the CP pistons since they are in pristine shape still. also going to do a ABS delete and possible brake line tuck while the motor is out.

im thinking a street tune on 93 octane somewhere in the low 300s will be sufficient, and then a second tune on 110 somewhere north of 400whp :D

Yes, it is on neptune. It can do almost anything, boost by gear, anti lag launch control, and can run two different tunes. The same guy has been tuning my car for quite a while and he loves neptune so thats how i ended up with it.

Back