Turbo build for LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spiritofjosh

know your role!
Now before everyone tries to lynch me I did a search and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I might be getting an ls motor for my eg hatch from a junked integra and I plan to boost it. Thing is this is going to be a budget build on a stock motor, so I'm looking for a round-about price range for a reliable turbo set up and where I might be able to look for the ls motor. I'm new with turbos so a cost worthy direction would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking at about a grand tops budget wise. But even that's pushing it right now.

a grand for a complete turbo setup?
and reliable?
thats going to be tough to accomplish. you had better:
1) know some people locally
2) be able to fabricate your own parts if necessary
3) be patient enough to wait for good deals on parts
your best bet is going to be to check the local classifieds for used kits that people are selling.
either that or a junkyard setup.
what is your power goal?

Yeah I know a grand isn't a lot to work with, believe me it sucks but I plan on going the homemade route piece by piece if I have too. And I do know how to do the fabricating involved, I actually welded a flange on the turbo mani for a friend a few months back and its still running strong.

Power-wise I'm looking for around 200-250 max, I don't need 350 to the wheels. With my budget I'm realistic and I'm not some chump who just bought a honda and a week later expects a 10 second car.

glad to see youre realistic with your goal.

ebay kits are going to be tempting for you because they are right in that price range. hold out for something better, because you will come across a deal on something at some point in time. just be patient.

a junkyard setup could be done for your budget. find someone upgrading the turbo on their evo (16g), snag a mani off craigslist or ebay for now, a used tial or other decent wastegate, a used bov, you get the idea.

Thanks man, whats funny is I was looking at the evo 16g turbo before but I'm gonna hold out for awhile, I'm still deciding if I may go for a different motor and go n/a.

Back