turbo civic cutting out NEED HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i bought this car with everything done to it. i dont have any programmers or anything to check. how do go about fixing it and what do i need? or does anyone know of any tuners around the midwest? i live in burlington, iowa. heres a list that he gave me so far of whats done to it.

ENGINE D16z6 bottom end 10,000 miles (Compression was 180 across the board) when i got it, ARP HEADSTUDS, Srp pistons/Eagle rods JDM D15b head, Aem cam gear (5 lug) (advanced 5 degrees), Msd 6al, complete kit TRANSMISSION: CLUTCH SPECIALTIES CLUTCH READY to handle 285lbs torque only 2500 miles on it. TURBO KIT: Tial style 38mm wastegate Ebay t3 turbo Bmc log manifold 2 1/2 intercooler piping with silicone clamps and couplers JOHNNY RACE CAR intercooler WALBRO FUEL PUMP 450 dsm with resistor box Skunk 2 intake manifold bmc fpr full 3 inch ebay exhaust hks style ssq bov FUEL MANAGEMENT: p28 ecu chipped with uberdata 2.5 bar Motorola map sensor.

thats what i know of the car. what the car does. it will drive fine until u start to put boost to it, then it starts to cut out and wont boost up. ive check all intercooler piping plugs and wires r new. but when i first got it it would boost, a lil bit but i never drive the car cause i dont wanna make it worst but i had to drive the car clear across iowa to get it home. the guy said that when it was tuned he was running 15psi and now its running 7. but any help would be nice. i just need some where else to start with since i cant fix it. heres my email for anything u need to send me. icwicked@hotmail.com

Attachments

• civic.jpg
    civic.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2,998
  • civic2.jpg
    civic2.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 5,002
  • civic3.jpg
    civic3.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,285
  • civic4.jpg
    civic4.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 3,404
To me it seems you are topping out your injectors, Im running 1000cc 's on my motor ( being its much bigger ) but what i would do if you can is take it to the closest tuner shop in town, and have them take a look. Turbo cars can be very bitchy on how they want to run especaly if its built. Im still thinking you just need bigger injectors but i could be wrong.

so you bought a car with everything done that you dont know how to work on.. great job! :ph34r:

Can you get a shot of the intake manifold? Including the injectors.

It looks like you're running 450cc injectors, which may, or may not be your problem. Were they new when installed? See if you can find someone with a known-good set you can use. Also try using a stethoscope and see if you can hear each one click.

Try to pull any codes. That might be it too.

Inspect your engine bay, look for anything unplugged pinched, or twisted.

Next time have a better idea what you are buying.

do some homework you`ll get your answer!!
Go away already your not helping anyone.

eg6 some people just dont care, becides he prolly knows how to work on the car just dosent know how to diagnose this problem.

Iam gonna have to agree with the others that the injectors could be bad.

What ecu does it have?

you are most likely running outta fuel on the top end, aka you need bigger injectors, get a set of 750's or 850's, and retune for the new injectors

well i did take it to a shop and its flooding the spark plugs and they stay that its dumping to much fuel. they didnt detune it when they turn down everything and they were runnin uberdata and now i got hondata s300 and waitin for them to install.. and to the guy who said "so you bought a car with everything done that you dont know how to work on.. great job! :ph34r:" i do no how to work on cars but when u try and do the things u know and nothing works kuz the thing is program to do something else its kinda hard to fix.. thanks o and ps i did my homework :)

Back