turbo clutch recomendation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Delsol94

this is my first turbo project and i need help picking out the right clutch, i am boosting a d16z6 with vitara pistons, eagle rods, headstuds, and everything else mostly stock, turbo is a small .42 .48 t3. shouldnt make more than 220 hp. Please let me know what clutch/pressure plate you would recommend for this setup. thanks. please be specific. thanks.

dont need anything too serious for that setup. you dont need a puck style clutch, just a sprung clutch disk thats a little beefier than stock. exedy makes quality clutches for a pretty good price. i have had great experience with clutchmasters and ACT as well, but they are more expensive. on my current turbo setup (400whp) i use a ACT HD pressure plate and the carbon kevlar street disk and it has held up very well. a lot of people seem to think you need an unsprung puck style clutch for turbo, but that has not been my experience. hope any of this helps :p

after calling arround i think im going with the clutchmast fx300, how does that sound for my application?

should be great, and last a long time if broken in right.

i put 60,000 miles on a clutchmasters clutch and flywheel combo one time, and when i sold the car it still felt great.

dont need anything too serious for that setup. you dont need a puck style clutch, just a sprung clutch disk thats a little beefier than stock. exedy makes quality clutches for a pretty good price. i have had great experience with clutchmasters and ACT as well, but they are more expensive. on my current turbo setup (400whp) i use a ACT HD pressure plate and the carbon kevlar street disk and it has held up very well. a lot of people seem to think you need an unsprung puck style clutch for turbo, but that has not been my experience. hope any of this helps :p

Agreed. Exedy products are quite solid and they come in at good prices too.

Back