turbo clutch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlo

ok, short and sweet, b16a2, t3 garrett .48/.60. 9lbs of boost, it slips in every gear with full boost high RPM as expected, only been driving it for 2 weeks, but my manifold split in two. new one on order, and im doing hte clutch now aswell. lots of choices, ive been told ill need atleast a stage 2, this thing is a daily driver, street/strip car. ive been hearing to stay away from the puck style clutches and to go with a full disc spring loaded hub, this all makes perfect sense but whats being used out there, what do you ppl reccommend as a good clutch for this power output, havent dynod yet, still playing with crome and working out some turbo bugs, i can only imagine ill be putting out 230hp with this size turbine im using, so whats any suggestions, been lookin at ACT and centerforce ones but dont know how they are in the real world. thanx guys

Paul

Toronto Canada

I'm using a stage 3 six puck sprung clutch right now for my setup...I'm hoping I'm putting down about 230 in the current state at about 5 pounds. I bought the clutch used, but its still holding up like a champ. I thought the pedal would get super stiff and engagement would be really harsh but its really not that bad. the pedal feels almost stock...just a little bit firmer. the engagement took some getting used to, when I shift from second into third under normal driving conditions the car still sorta bucks because of the engagement but I've gotten it smooth off the line. the only downside to my clutch would be the chatter. it gets a little bothersome at times.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm using a stage 3 six puck sprung clutch right now for my setup...I'm hoping I'm putting down about 230 in the current state at about 5 pounds. I bought the clutch used, but its still holding up like a champ. I thought the pedal would get super stiff and engagement would be really harsh but its really not that bad. the pedal feels almost stock...just a little bit firmer. the engagement took some getting used to, when I shift from second into third under normal driving conditions the car still sorta bucks because of the engagement but I've gotten it smooth off the line. the only downside to my clutch would be the chatter. it gets a little bothersome at times.

hmm good to know,thanx for your input, when does it chatter?? overall would you call it a comfortable ride still or does it feel like a full track car?? also what make is your clutch??

I honestly dont know who makes it...like I said I bought it used and super cheap. as I'm letting the clutch pedal out in first it seems like the clutch is slipping but it not...so sometime it feels a little rough on the engagement. it happened with my exedy stage 1 clutch too, just not this bad. The kid I bought it from said it was strictly a track clutch...while it may be, its not at all bad driving around town. I've never caught traffic with it yet though. plus the couple times I've taken it to the track the engagement and actually holding the rpms when I hit boost is great. now I just gotta do something about getting traction.

Back