Turbo Computer Issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tdehnel

A while back I got a really good deal on a Greddy turbo kit for 99-00 Si. It's all installed and my motor is sufficiently built, but my now I'm worried about my fuel system. The only additions I've made are larger injectors (310cc), and Walbro 255 fuel pump. The Greddy Kit includes the Greddy E-Manage, but I don't know if this will tune my ECU enough so that I don't have to worry about leaning out. If you have used the E-Manage or the Greddy kits, or if you have experience with them, please let me know if this is going to be OK, or if I should look for a Hondata or AEM unit. I know that Hondata and AEM will allow me to perfectly fine-tune, but I'm just looking for some piece of mind with my current setup.

310's are STUPID small.

i'd recommend you jump to 550's right away.

E-manage is NOT a standalone. at best, its a step up from a VAFC, only beacuse it has datalogging.
i highly recommened hondata and aem, aem getting my push as of late.

not only will tuning protect your motor's lifespan, it will also give you more power.

OK, so larger injectors? What else will I have to add to my current setup so that I can get these things working well? Fuel regulator/AFC/etc...? Also, I was reading on Hondata's website that larger injectors can hurt driveability. If you know what they're talking about, let me know.

550s wont hurt you. trust me. running 1000 cc's on your set might, but not 550s.

if you get hondata, you dont need the vafc, or fuel pressure regulator.

Ive made 870cc injectors idle like stock with the AC on.. The new hondata software will let you idle 1000cc injectors like stock. You really just need to size your injectors for the amount of power you are wanting to make.

jason

I just spoke with a guy that sells all of the above mentioned and tunes them all too. He told me that the Hondata is pretty sweet but comes no where near the AEM EMS, I guess it has so many things like Boost control, Nitrous control and they are working on Traction control. It also has things like Knock sensor which some of the Hondata's also have. He said the AEm is the best if you plan on continuing to get more and more power out of your engine. If you just want it to be safe though Hondata is also very good just not as many options. But Also if your just running boost lower than like 10 your E-manage should be fine if tuned right.

I should probably add that what I've been calling E-Manage is the blue box that comes with the Greddy Turbo kit. Are we on the same page here, or is this not a true E-Manage? The reason I asked is that you mentioned tuning the unit, but I don't think this is tunable.

woah- not at all.

emanage is a totally different thing from that blue box.

basically, the blue box is a piece of shit. It supposedly makes it "safer" by running REALLY rich all the time. dumping in the extra fuel keeps the pistons cool(er) and supposedly helps prevent detonation.
so, it sucks a shit load of power to so called make you safe.
its not tuned

aem is the way to go imo

Back