turbo d series questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It is always a good idea to get bigger injectors and fuel pump when running a turbo car just to be safe. The stock injectors are running near their limit with a turbo at 7psi and if they reach their limit you will run your car lean which will lead to a blown engine. It really depends once you get it tunned then the experts can say what you will need.

ok so i think i made up my mind and i am going with eagle h beam rod with the knock off vitara pistons so can i get some feed back with what brand to go with thanks

well it depends on your power goals, but the stock d series should be good to 200hp or 7500 rpm witch ever comes first.

why does everyone say that. my D16Z6 is easily makin 250 and has so much more potiential. I redline at 7200rpm. with the right build and tune it doesn't matter the power goal. I've seen multiple 300+ hp d series builds runnin strong after years. true it takes a bt more money then a B series build but still. to the OP: build a d series and prove people wrong please. one more sohc to show up dohcs.

why does everyone say that. my D16Z6 is easily makin 250 and has so much more potiential. I redline at 7200rpm. with the right build and tune it doesn't matter the power goal. I've seen multiple 300+ hp d series builds runnin strong after years. true it takes a bt more money then a B series build but still. to the OP: build a d series and prove people wrong please. one more sohc to show up dohcs.
i like the way you think and im in the process of building one so we will see about the out come but thanks for having faith

im behind you on this build bud. SOHC all the way. a far as vitarras, I personally run them as well as the eagle hbeams. now I have the ZC bottom end and that combination dropped my compression to about 8.1:1. that makes everything safer and you can run more boost, but im plannin on swappin out those pistons for a bit more compression...say 9:1 :)good luck, take your time and don't cheap out on parts now..or you'll pay for it in the end...trust me.

ok here is my next question i dont know now what mm bore to get for the pistons 75mm 75.5mm or 76mm so what should i look into and what is stock size thanks ahead of time

If you mean for the vitarra's.. they will drop right in, but always could use a good hone before you slap in new rings and pistons just to be safe and if you have the money get some sleeves :) more powaaaaaa!! ahahahim done o_O

Back