Turbo d-series

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Maldrich

Check it out, im in the process of getting my new motor together and the only problem is is that im running out of time before import vs. domestic. Right now my block is out at golden eagle for sleeves and when it comes back its getting eagle rods, wiseco pistons, acl bearings, and arp hardware. Its also being matched up to my fully built head with ferrear valves and a bisimoto cam with a spa top mount and garrett 57. On the original engine with only pistons and rods it held 25lbs on stock sleeves. This is where the problem is, i have a feeling the engine wont be back in time so iwas going to slap together a d15b and see what happens. Question is how much do u think this block, pistons and rods will hold before it lets go. I would like to go to mir and be competitive and im just not sure if its possible. Need your comments please.

BTW before all the stupid comments, i am no noob but i did loose my original log in. Im still familiar with this forum.

Which D15B? If you're talking about the 3 stage VTEC OBD2 D15B, people have gone up past the 200whp mark with good tuning on stock internals. Full Race built one that put down something like 230whp I think without going inside the block, and with a tune that was set for maximum highway gas mileage.

I wanna say b8 but i would have to go outback and check. I would actually plan on putting on my built d16 head and turbo setup on it.

Ah. If you're going to swap heads it doesn't really matter- except for bottom end strength. If you have a built head then your turbo setup will probably just be limited by the strength of the rods- which isn't a good thing with a D15 bottom.

Yeah i kinda figured, i just wanted a second opinion and id rather not go with my car only pushing like 220 whp. It will be kinda embarassing. Thanks though.

Back