turbo D15???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatukazi

ambitious...but rubbish
first off let me say I DO NOT want to do another B swap, I have had nothing but shitty experiences with them.

I am in the process of getting rid of my B16 swap and hope to acquire a turbo set-up one way or another for my new hatch, it's a 95 cx and already has MPFI and the intake looks just like my wifes EX so charge pipes should not be a problem.

what I need to know is, are D15 engines strong enough to turbo? I never hear of anybody doing it so wondering if there's a reason.

our chassis dyno at school is not hooked up yet (should be by next semester) and by then I should also have a Y7 longblock. would I be OK for a while on a chipped ECU or fuel controller?, I dont want high boost right away, just the blow off noise when I shift and maybe 120whp until I switch to the Y7 and tune it properly for more boost.

It's strong enough to hold a bit of extra power, but the connecting rods and main journals are a LOT smaller than on the D16. I would be VERY careful with your tuning.

Back