turbo d158?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1.5cx

Will Greddy's turbo kit(carb legal) bolt up and work on a D158 ? What would I need to change?

d158? you sure you don't mean D15B??

and if so, which D15B, as there are a lot of generatorions... D15B2, and D15B7 are the most popular. the former will require some work, the later shoudl go right on with an o2sensor and cat relocation. but still, it won't be carb legal. the carb is approved for only the applications that the kit supports... ie 92-95 civic ex/si.

Well, assuming by your screen name, you have a CX hatch, the Greddy kit will fit. In fact, it'll fit any D series, SOHC or DOHC. The CX intake manifold is HIGHLY restrictive, and the first thing I'd do would be to get a '96- '00 EX intake manifold, but if you can't find one for a good price, any '88- '00 MPFI non- CX/ HX intake manifold will work.

The next step would be a 16 valve head. If you're just replacing the head, get a non- VTEC 16V head. I and a few people I know personally have had bad luck with the mini- me swap, so I'm not going to recommend it. Especially for boost. If you want VTEC, just swap an entire Z6 in there. In fact, looking at it, that's probably your best bet if you want to boost a D series. That or a DOHC ZC. Those engines have the best combustion chamber design for boost out of any D series.

However, if you just want to throw the kit on and have fun, yes, the Greddy kit will bolt right up to your engine. :)

Yes i meant the D15b8. Thanks for the info.

Back