Turbo D15B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM-ED7

I was wondering what you guys though of putting a turbo on a jdm d15b or would it better to just rebuilt my z6 and doing that. But if i rebuild my z6 and throw on the turbo wont that kill it because i wouldnt really break it in.

Who knows? It all depends on the size of the turbo.

Is there any difference in the d15b and z6 other than one being 1.5 and other 1.6 what would you turbo a d15b or a z6

if you already have the z6, use the z6. swapping to a d15 is so not worth the time effort or money. buy rods and pistons for the z6 instead with the money.

But the problem is that my z6 isnt that strong and it has too many miles on it. Thats why I was going to do the d15b. How much are rods and pistons because i can get a d15b for about 250 to 300

the d15 isn't gonna be any stronger than your rebuilt z6. you can get tuner toys rods for like 225 and vitara pistons for ~100 w/ rings. get your block honed and the pistons pressed on the rods and throw it all together. it'll put you a bit over the cost of a d15, but it will be 10x stronger. if you don't like that idea, then just pull your d6 apart, get it honed and put new rings in it. don't bother with another engine.

Back